Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to have a few friends in town on Halloween and going to take them on a lunch run by boat. We are thinking either Sacramento or Nena's in Stockton. We will be launching from B&W. Nothing too special just an excuse to get out on the water, again.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
If im floating by then, we will probably roll

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'll be testing a new set of props on the 28 that morning, but no plans for lunch. Just a quick 120mph test run with Andrew, then back on the lift! Have fun day though Rob, should be a nice day. :)hand

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be testing a new set of props on the 28 that morning, but no plans for lunch. Just a quick 120mph test run with Andrew, then back on the lift! Have fun day though Rob, should be a nice day. :)hand
Or you could make a day of it and join us for lunch?!!?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Or you could make a day of it and join us for lunch?!!?
Would love to, but I've got to get the Party Cat in the water and over on my mom's lift/winterized, and Joe is coming over this weekend to help me do some work on the hydro. It's a very busy "boat" weekend, with not much time for actual "boating". Plus, we're gone next weekend in Phoenix for the WFs, so I have to get everything done this weekend (before the rains come).

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
rob swing by the house on your way home for a road soda im having a Halloween shin dig

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rob swing by the house on your way home for a road soda im having a Halloween shin dig
I really appreciate the offer but the wife has some master plan for what we are doing after we get off the water. How's the new motor coming along? Marcel has a very nice Teague 800 that would be perfect in your sled!!!

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
I think we are going to Crawdads on Saturday
Crawdads gets really clogged up with all the tourist traffic there for Chevys and Pearls and the marina, if you guys are looking for some good food and easy access just go to the Old Town Sac docks and tie up and go to Rio City Cafe, They have the best food around there.

Or if a dive hole is good for all' ya'all.... then try the Virgin Sturgeon! --- shit hole place but great food and people~!!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crawdads gets really clogged up with all the tourist traffic there for Chevys and Pearls and the marina, if you guys are looking for some good food and easy access just go to the Old Town Sac docks and tie up and go to Rio City Cafe, They have the best food around there.

Or if a dive hole is good for all' ya'all.... then try the Virgin Sturgeon! --- shit hole place but great food and people~!!!! :wink2:
I really appreciate the info but our friends that are coming in have the last name Crawford and his nickname is Crawdad. We may not end up eating there but we will at least stop by there. I have eaten at Virgin Sturgeon and loved it. I've heard the Rio City Café is great also. I just found out Tamara also invited another couple from her work, thankfully they are small (not midget or dwarf, sorry Adam) so 6 of us in our boat, yippee! I will be putting the 26 prop back on.
Plan to take off from B&W +/- 10:30 head down to SJR, over to 3 mile past Outrigger to Sac River then up Steamboat Slough to Sac River to Sacramento. Coming back thru Walnut Grove gates past Giuistis to B&W. Weather looks like its gonna be great. Hope to see some of you out enjoying the water.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
I really appreciate the info but our friends that are coming in have the last name Crawford and his nickname is Crawdad. We may not end up eating there but we will at least stop by there. I have eaten at Virgin Sturgeon and loved it. I've heard the Rio City Café is great also. I just found out Tamara also invited another couple from her work, thankfully they are small (not midget or dwarf, sorry Adam) so 6 of us in our boat, yippee! I will be putting the 26 prop back on.
Plan to take off from B&W +/- 10:30 head down to SJR, over to 3 mile past Outrigger to Sac River then up Steamboat Slough to Sac River to Sacramento. Coming back thru Walnut Grove gates past Giuistis to B&W. Weather looks like its gonna be great. Hope to see some of you out enjoying the water.
What a nice route, cant wait to make that river run!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Crawdad's is our favorite place on the Sac for lunch. Paul is correct that the docks in front are a mess, but you can idle up the backside and get covered/gated (locked) guest docking at the Riverbank Marina for a small fee (I think it's $10). There are dockhands that will help you get docked when you idle up, and when want to return to your boat. Not only are the docks covered and gated, but the water is nice and calm because it's on the backside of the channel-side docks, so your boat doesn't get beat up while you're docked. We also use Riverbank Marina for our overnight trips to old town sac - the overnight docking fee is $20 and it's a short cab ride to Embassy Suites from Chevy's at the top of the hill. I'll never dock at the public docks at old town sac again after getting such great docking at Riverbank Marina. You guys will have a great day - we do that trip about 5-6 times a year.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all of the input guys, I really appreciate it. Too bad boating season is over for so many peeps.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I need to see what we have going on, but I am pretty sure I will be able to meet you at Crawdad's for lunch.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Thanks for all of the input guys, I really appreciate it. Too bad boating season is over for so many peeps.
Its never over just at a stand still for a few, ill be back mofo;)

Anthony.... I think Rob and Tamara can totally understand where you are coming from.... :wink2: Its always tough to be out for a season with boat issues.... but when its running... you RUN!!!! :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 36 Posts