Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
B-Killer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a V-drive guy for a few years. Now I find myself with the opportunity to race a sprint jet boat. It has a 773 Hamilton pump with a T3 nozzle. Any guru's on here? I need to do some upgrades to this pump, it has bronze impellers currently.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What motor are you running? What is expected HP? I am not a guru but I would say to ditch the T3 nozzle and change to a Scott or something along those lines. Also you are going to need some good blades, a bullet or screw in the front I would think.

·
B-Killer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do I get impellers for this pump? I have heard there is an upgrade for the T3 nozzle, but don't know what it is or where to get it. Engine will be 500+HP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go stainless impellers and have the first impeller pitched for maximum pickup and the other two pitched equal for speed. I'm sorry I can't give you impeller pitch setting for a sprint boat because I am running my Hamilton on a 21 eliminator and it will be set up different.
Scotts do nozzles and inserts for fine tuning.
Keep the 773 because the Scott's only come in a two stage.
I have brass and stainless impellers depending if I want speed or just a weekend ski.
The pump is very simple to work on.
Also depending if you have a 773 or a 773r. You need to tune a 773 to handle a maximum WOT of 5000 because they fall or shake apart. I have the 773r the bearings are oil bathed and handles a greater rpm.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where do I get impellers for this pump? I have heard there is an upgrade for the T3 nozzle, but don't know what it is or where to get it. Engine will be 500+HP
Get everything from Scotts.
They sell everything you need from impellers to nozzles.
I have got all my parts there even bearings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you want to talk to someone who knows all there is to know about Hamilton units contact Ian Coleman at Coleman Marine and Performance here in NZ. His email [email protected]. He will see you right. He is a Hamilton agent and has worked with these units for a long time. He knows how to get the best out of them and whats required to make them perform.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I have been a V-drive guy for a few years. Now I find myself with the opportunity to race a sprint jet boat. It has a 773 Hamilton pump with a T3 nozzle. Any guru's on here? I need to do some upgrades to this pump, it has bronze impellers currently.
These are amazingly strong , durable and simple jets to work on and repair , with the exception of bearing/shaft press work they even are "field serviceable" with some basic hand tools and very user/DYI friendly Tom

·
Registered
68 Posts
These are amazingly strong , durable and simple jets to work on and repair , with the exception of bearing/shaft press work they even are "field serviceable" with some basic hand tools and very user/DYI friendly Tom
That is exactly true. When we go to the lake (tomorrow yes!!!) I take my tools lmpellers and nozzles with me.
If it takes me longer than 20 minutes to change the impellers and nozzle I have done something wrong.
I'm a simple person and I like simple things lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts