Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone have a special formula for something that works well? Machine shop grime.

Thanks in advance.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Dawn dish washing detergent and a scrub brush. Works better than any hand cleaner I've ever used but I think the scrub brush is the secret. ;)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
The best I have used is from my uniform supply. Aramark. Called Pro-Soy Industrial Hand Cleaner. Not cheep but good.
-

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
We use "joe's" brand handcleaner ron and it gets anything u wanna off.tried all the diff brands even john deere cleaner and we were all gtn split fingers, i even had one split down the center.hurts like a biatch :( all the grit kind were thinning our fingernails.the pink joe's cleaner doesnt and works better.made in oklahoma too most bumper to bumper stores carry it and carquest

·
Registered
215 Posts
My uncle is still using paint thinner and lacquer thinner, for the really tough stuff he swears by MEK :) He just turn 73.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Dawn in a 5 gal bucket and wash your car.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
When l was a wrench l used a pretreatment. Dont remember the name, was a paste came in a tub like butter. Would dry, you wouldnt know it was there. Kept your hands from drying out. The grease and grime would not stick to it. Could keep your hands almost clean with a rag. I'll get the name of it. Was awesome, kept your fingernails clean too.
Be safe, schick

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Dawn dish washing detergent and a scrub brush. Works better than any hand cleaner I've ever used but I think the scrub brush is the secret. ;)
Lava and scrub brush will get em clean too. Same thing, the brush is half the secret.

Both Conoco and Chevron refineries have Kresto in the locker rooms. Absolutely the best I have ever used without using a brush.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The stuff is called "Man-O". Works awesome, has lanolin in it. Keeps em smooth. You have to mail order it. I coukd not find a distrubitor near me. If you are intrested pm me, l will send the information.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Learn to work with gloves. Once you get used to it there is no need to subject your hands to harsh chemicals, solvents and hand cleaners. Try a bar of Dove soap and a wash-cloth. I don't know why but it pulls powdered aluminum, burned grease, powder paint, and other proprietary dirty lubricants off of the skin when I forget the the gloves. It puts pumice cleaners to shame.

There are things like "Magic glove" that are pre treatments but they will never compare to gloves. :shhh:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Apply Dawn then Tide w/scrub brush. Hit with carb cleaner 1st, if real bad.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
You guys using dawn/dove/laundry detergent must be just cleaning dirt off your hands lmao shit wont touch my hands after working on tractors.if a budget is in place follow our lead and place the budget in the employees who use the stuff. when they understand the cost shit doesnt get wasted and budget gets met, pretty simple concept that actually works.i can work till lunchtime on deisels/tractors/greasy equipment/etc and a couple pumps of joe's and my hands are gf approved :) the days im busy and forget to wash hands before leaving for lunch ill use dawn and it does jus ok.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Go to the grocery store and buy the best hand cleaner you can get. We used it on offshore drilling rigs. Don't laugh till you try it. Best Foods Mayonnaise, yep you read it right.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts

J/K!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts