Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago today President Obama signed into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.:clapping:

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Affordable quality Universal health care for all Americans. What any advanced nation should have.

Good work by all who made it happen despite the vicious propaganda attacks by billion dollar corporate interests who feared a loss of profit control.

Always remember not to trust any corporations who spend millions of dollars to sway public policy.. Their only motive is their profits not your health.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Affordable quality Universal health care for all Americans. What any advanced nation should have.
So where's ours? Either our health care was already affordable since we have had double digit price increases AGAIN this year (if this were the case we didn't need an act of congress to make it something it already is). Or it's a failure since it hasn't made anything in health care more affordable.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
So where's ours? Either our health care was already affordable since we have had double digit price increases AGAIN this year (if this were the case we didn't need an act of congress to make it something it already is). Or it's a failure since it hasn't made anything in health care more affordable.
You can thank insurance companies for that. The current reform isn't enough but it's a start.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

Good work by all who made it happen despite the vicious propaganda attacks by billion dollar corporate interests who feared a loss of profit control.

Always remember not to trust any corporations who spend millions of dollars to sway public policy.. Their only motive is their profits not your health.
Anyone who trusts politicians is every bit as big a fool as anyone who trusts corporations ever was.

Even if only one corporation had a monopoly on health insurance (or any other industry) it would still not be as dangerous as government, because government has a monopoly on the legal use of violent force.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You can thank insurance companies for that. The current reform isn't enough but it's a start.
So you concur it hasn't made health care any more "affordable". That's what the bill is called anyway. So it's a failure so far.

And thanking insurance has nothing to do with it. It hasn't made the actual CARE any more affordable so how in the hell is it going to make the insurance that pays for it more affordable? Some people around here are so quick to blame companies they can't see anything else.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!......loser!
O.k. jackass, since name-calling seems to be your strong suit. I'm not asking for anthing except efficien and effective care. We, as a country, are not matching our resources to our delivery of that care.

My wife is a care provider and we have seen her reimbursement ratess drop substantially over the year. Our household has taken a major paycut due to her rates and my cost of prodiding healthcare to the family.

It is not an anti-corporate slam as much as it is an attack on a system that is broken and marginally effective with respect to talent and resources.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
You don't fix a broken system by socializing it! Anyone with a brain knows that.

The simple fact is that this atrocity of a bill has neither the power to improve our health care nor the funding to exist without imposing taxes/penalties/expenses on the working class since it still intends to fully care for all those who can't afford it being paid by those who must.

There will never be health care reform in America sufficient to actually improve without TORT REFORM. Any other attempt to fix this system is futile.

My question to the liberal minded who support this abortion of a bill is this:
Why all the waivers? The Kenyan's administration has already approved 733 waivers involving millions of Americans. Review the list for yourself and report back to us all as to why the need for waivers if this is such a great thing and why impose it rather than offer it?
Helping Americans Keep the Coverage They Have and Promoting Transparency | HHS.gov

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
O.k. jackass, since name-calling seems to be your strong suit. I'm not asking for anthing except efficien and effective care. We, as a country, are not matching our resources to our delivery of that care.

My wife is a care provider and we have seen her reimbursement ratess drop substantially over the year. Our household has taken a major paycut due to her rates and my cost of prodiding healthcare to the family.

It is not an anti-corporate slam as much as it is an attack on a system that is broken and marginally effective with respect to talent and resources.
You're so flucking stupid you actually think pelosi, bobo, barney fag, harry reid and the rest of the left care about your HEALTH.hil:)hil:)hil:):)hammers:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

WHAA, WHAA, WHAA, If you weren't such a loser reling on your wife's paycheck you wouldn't be worried about the cost!

By the way, what happened a year ago causing that drop in pay? dumb shit!

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
When did group health even start?? When I was a kid growing up in the 50s and early 60s there was no group health care. If we got really sick or hurt my stupid ass would be taken to a local clinic and my parents would pay. Simple as that! Fortunately nothing major bad happen or I 'd been left to die! Anyway when Americans and America was at it's best medical care was simple and honest. Health care has gone from friendly neighborhood doctors and a few locally owned hospitals to a major billion dollar medical and insurance industry with lawyers at every turn.. Americans are sicker, on more meds, and worst shape than ever !!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
When did group health even start?? When I was a kid growing up in the 50s and early 60s there was no group health care. If we got really sick or hurt my stupid ass would be taken to a local clinic and my parents would pay. Simple as that! Fortunately nothing major bad happen or I 'd been left to die! Anyway when Americans and America was at it's best medical care was simple and honest. Health care has gone from friendly neighborhood doctors and a few locally owned hospitals to a major billion dollar medical and insurance industry with lawyers at every turn.. Americans are sicker, on more meds, and worst shape than ever !!!
Zombie, you hit the nail on the head with this one. Exactly how I see it. Nice job, there is hope.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
x2, my coverage contribution has tripled due to plan price increases.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
WHAA, WHAA, WHAA, If you weren't such a loser reling on your wife's paycheck you wouldn't be worried about the cost!

By the way, what happened a year ago causing that drop in pay? dumb shit!
Really, that's all you got from that? I don't mind sharing different views, and I really don't care what you call me but don't waste my time with your anger and stupidity.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts