Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone live ,work near by or maybe store there boat at the indoor storage place? theres a boat im interested purchasing thats stored there. the looks beautiful in the pictures and the owner seems honest but was wondering if someone could possably take a look at it and give me a 2nd,3rd opinion on the condition or how clean the boat and trailer is if you can snap a couple pictures as it sits... i can square up for the hassel when i head down or if not ill put something in the mail for the hassel

white and red 24ft mariah on a red tandem trailer its has a bravo3 hanging off the back and a tan/grey cover!

thanks, anthony

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
I do - I live about 8 miles from there. I'd be happy to check something out for you. Just give me a call at 602-312-4550.

One shop that does maint on my boat is at 51st and Happy Valley - so if you need something looked over - its close and very affordable.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Good to know.. The last time I took the boat in for service I went to Bergeron - Phil does great work, but he's a bit far from me and also a little on the $pendy side....
Bergeron is a great asset for the v-drive and jet guys, and for one off and obscure parts as they can whip up pretty much anything onsite if they don't already have one, but you have to book 6 months in advace to try and get in, which is a great problem to have if you're a boat shop. Been there for a very long time and a great bunch of people. Don't have a bad thing to say about the Bergeron crew. ;)

Octane Marine is on this side of town and a tad easier to get into. ;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bergeron is a great asset for the v-drive and jet guys, and for one off and obscure parts as they can whip up pretty much anything onsite if they don't already have one, but you have to book 6 months in advace to try and get in, which is a great problem to have if you're a boat shop. Been there for a very long time and a great bunch of people. Don't have a bad thing to say about the Bergeron crew. ;)

I agree 100% - Bergeron rigged my first boat for me in the mid 90's, a 20' Hallett. I think all of the guys there are pretty good.

Phil helped me out a couple of years ago with my current boat - I was having intermittent water pressure issues in one of my engines and went through a bunch of water impellers in a short time... After having Shockwave go through everything as well as another shop I ended up at Bergeron's.. It turned out to be a simple problem, my boat had an aluminum plug in the stainless sea strainer - Not a good combo with salt water and the plug eroded away. It was not an obvious problem, but The guys at Bergeron were able to figure it out and I haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

Octane Marine is on this side of town and a tad easier to get into. ;)
Don't be shy Jordan you can give Charlies # out on here.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks fellas for wanting to help...rollin20's is gonna give a look for me:)hand

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Being that Patrick is color blind. ;) I can play back up.

brett

Brett,

I was thinking more along the lines of the description of the boat will be everything being compared to how DCB would do it, but seeing how it's a v-hull, possible a few Howard references thrown in for good measure. ;)

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
Being that Patrick is color blind. ;) I can play back up.

brett
Color Blind please...I can see Blue, Lime Green and Gray anytime :)

Brett,

I was thinking more along the lines of the description of the boat will be everything being compared to how DCB would do it, but seeing how it's a v-hull, possible a few Howard references thrown in for good measure. ;)
This is good Jordy -- I might just have to make up a report after the review :D

Well let's all go look at the boat next week then grab lunch?
That would be a great idea - each of us take a little note pad, take a few pics with our phones, record comments into a digital recorder, wear "I am ____" name tags -- needless to say, I think we can get a better deal for 707 after that review :)

Roln 20s

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
That would be a great idea - each of us take a little note pad, take a few pics with our phones, record comments into a digital recorder, wear "I am ____" name tags -- needless to say, I think we can get a better deal for 707 after that review :)

Roln 20s
LOL Didn't think of it that way. :D

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
havnt heard from patrick yet hopefully he hooked up withe owner:)sphss(to look at the boat that is):D i came one here thinking he gave it the green light or the 3 sheets to the wind look:)sphss

hell if you guys do that i better make this deal happin fast before brewski prices go up:)st:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
havnt heard from patrick yet hopefully he hooked up withe owner:)sphss(to look at the boat that is):D i came one here thinking he gave it the green light or the 3 sheets to the wind look:)sphss

hell if you guys do that i better make this deal happin fast before brewski prices go up:)st:D
i will be over there again tomorrow, let me know.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
so did you go look at it yet? i was at 51st & happy valley working in the neighborhood today and though about this.
Seeing the boat tomorrow - the owner lives at 55th and HV however the boat is stored indoors near Luke Air Force base. I have to run some errands that way tomorrow and spoke to the owner - plan to meet around lunch. I should give you the 'green, yellow or red' light tomorrow :)

Roln 20s

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
Hey Anthony-

I checked out the boat today. Its stored indoors - very nice and clean location.

The Exterior -- its in very good condition overall. You can tell it has been maintained well by its current owner. The only issues that I saw were:

* On the drivers side near the back about the waterline level - there are some gel chips, which appear to be filled in with color to match the boat, just not full gel repair. The owner said he bought the boat like this and it appears it hit a dock area.
* On the keel of the boat, there is some pretty big gel cuts down there. The rest of the bottom looks PERFECT. The owner said he had the bottom regelled a few years back and last year got caught in a big storm at Lake Mohave, tried to find a cove to anchor in, his anchor pulled up and by the time he got it reset it, it had bounced against the rocks with the waves. Again, this is on the very bottom of the keel, I had to basically sit on the group and look over to see it. Might be a key point to discount the boat on though - probably would want to get it fixed at some point.

Interior - very nice for a 1995 boat. The back hatch has been recovered and the interior has new carpet. The rest is all original and looks really nice. No issues or concerns here.

Trailer - a little fading on the front by the tongue, other than that, looks really good as well.

He does have a cockpit cover and bow cover. He keep a nice dust cover on it inside the storage unit.

This is the Mariah Talari series - a very big boat compared to their popular Shabah series.

The owner said the boat was recently serviced, including the impeller which I asked about.

His reason for selling: he has only used it a few times this year. Not including his insurance, the boat costs about $2000 a year for him to have just because of the storage and annual maint cost. He doesn't seem like someone that is cheap. His toyhauler is in the same storage area but sits outside - saw it to, very very nice.

Call me and we can touch base.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts