Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a carburated 502 chev with an enclosed engine compartment that is a bitch to start after I run it. If I start it right after I shut it off, it does fine. But if I sit on the beach for more then 5 minutes, It takes a whole lot of cranking and then full throttle to get it going. I changed from a Predator carb to a Demon with the same results. Got 2 Optimus batteries cranking her over. Thought it was getting to hot in the compartment so spent the money for a new thermostat kit and pressure bypass. Moved plumbing so that just cold lake water goes thru the Lightning water jacketed headers. Got spacer under carb. MSD ignition and Holley Blue regulated to 6 PSI. Timing set at 11 initial. It has never started right after warming up since I've bought it. Any ideas guys???

·
Registered
981 Posts
fuel system...... Did you try removing the gas cap to relieve the pressure buildup in the tanks? I'm thinking vapor lock

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two different carbs??? I hadn't thought about removing the caps. It has a vent line on each tank though that comes up near the back of the hatch on each side. I can smell fuel if I overfill each tank so it must be venting..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts