Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what I should be looking for and what questions to ask. any pitfalls? What price range should I expect?
Looking for a simple site. Not looking to dazzle potential customers. Want more of a "pass-through" for new jobs from existing customers. An alternative to the fax machine or cell phone.

Thanks

·
Don't have a member-duh!
279 Posts
Just curious what I should be looking for and what questions to ask. any pitfalls? What price range should I expect?
Looking for a simple site. Not looking to dazzle potential customers. Want more of a "pass-through" for new jobs from existing customers. An alternative to the fax machine or cell phone.

Thanks
I have one, but the company I use is very specific to my industry. Here's mine:
www.saddlebackvalleyangels.com (I am a cheer coach)
It costs me $39.95 a month. They had various styles to choose from, then they can adjust some items to your needs. For me, there are things that I don't want to be made public, like team rosters, competition schedules, etc. I would look for someone who makes websites for what you do. This company advertises in cheer and dance magazines, so they were easy to find, plus they tailor their sites specifically for cheer/dance gyms' needs. Are there trade magazines/catalogs that you use for your business that might advertise web design? That's where I would start. Also look at what companies your competitors are using--at least it's a start and they would be industry specific. :)devil

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
K flat is the guy!!

59 bucks a year is what the web hosting cost. I just paid it last week. Mine is just a ready made shopping cart (free). I like it because I can work on it. But Kflat is the guy that set it all up. I'm not going to post what he charged me. But lets just say it was a more then fair deal.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Neil, several years ago I did my companies first website myself using MS "Front Page". It's not very hard and you can use their templates so you just have to plug in content. Turned out OK and got the message across. However, it looked like a lot of other companies since we were all using the same templates. Nowadays, there's lots of sources for templates free or really cheap.
Our current website was done by a marketing pro. I talked to a bunch and found a guy that "spoke my language" and understood my industry/client base. Defintely wasn't free, but it's generated a resonable amount of business for me. If you want to check it out it's www.fastracktechnologies.com .
The last band I was in had a website done by the guitarist using freeware and hosted on some free site. The epitome of "cheap" but served the purpose well. Even had bandwidth for MP3's You can check it out at www.combohemians.net I think my current band has a my space page, but not sure...
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If your looking to get it done I have a great contact for you. She designs most of the Peformance Automotive industry websites like Barry Grant, Sema etc...

Her website is:

http://www.etooldevelopers.com/

Let me know if you want her contact information.

·
Registered
797 Posts

Thanks
We would need more info on what you are trying to do with the site. "Pass-through" really isn't that great of desciption. What are you trying to accomplish with the site?

From what I gather you are looking for something that would need programming and data base driven, not just a tamplate site like most are suggesting.

Pricing will depend on what you require from the site. Here' is a site I have done www.southcoaststainless.com , I design the graphics and the basic layout/html then it goes to the programmers for them to do their programming magic.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies all. Swamped right now. Will read and respond tonight. Just didn't want you to think I'm not appreciative.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My friend that used to live here in fresno did my last site. turned out really good, price was right it cost me less then 30 a year for the hosting and name. he doesn't live in town anymore but PM me if you want his info.

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
Just remember, like everything in life, you get what you pay for. I can register, design, code and host, but not for go-daddy, no services, prices. Click on the airbrush under my screen name for my web address if interested.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I belive you can get a free website and hosting with a domain purchase from www.godaddy.com (fairly primative but simple to use and build ) Ive had all my sites build by a local techy but a couple years back i bought a domain and gave it to my SNL as a xmas present (www.fishingtacklebargains.net ) , he had it up and operational in nothing flat (cost was about 8 bucks) Go daddy rocks ! Tom

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Godaddy is as cheap as you can get but like someone else said you get what you pay for here is a simple godaddy site I made http://www.someonebuythishouse.com/ It costs me $10 a year to have the name. I find godaddy website builder kind of hard to figure out and you are limited to what you can do.
HA HA :D cant disagree , its a little frustrating (ok alot ;) ) but I do have to say theyre there to help ,and the price is right , you do however "get what you pay for !) Tom

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Once again, Thanks all for your posts. I've got allot on my plate right now, so I'm going to use a service, I think.

I appreciate the leads. I will be following up in the next few days.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i did mine

www.food4ucatering.com
we didnt need anything fancy and it serves it purpose. i can make changes myself as much as i want

1 - 19 of 19 Posts