Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that Mead would be rising a foot a day during the months of May, June and July. Has anybody noticed or been on either Mead or Powell yet?

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Was at Mead last weekend , Hemminway was open and I was able to comfortably launch a 27 ...the lake still has a long way to go to be full - pool !

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hallett Boy

Thanks for update.

·
GOLD MEMBER
74 Posts
drove thru colorado utah nevada and arizona 3 weeks ago the river are going like crazy hell the 70 was shut down one way cuase the river getting up on the freeway. everywhere we looked was flooded including the top of steamboat. there is alot of water moving down to our lakes.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTDecker

Very cool. Thanks. PM me your address. Charts are interesting. Wasn't able to tell how much more they anticipate from snow pack.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next time in Vegas call me. 702 313-1400.
Otherwise PM what events your hitting and we'll hook up.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Went out of Callville on Saturday. The low water level ramp is now CLOSED. They have reopened the main ramp. I heard one they plan to raise the lake 80' by the end of Summer. We'll see.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Mead will continue to rise as the snow melts. The snow pack this year was 427% of the average. The daily release of water from Powell into Mead is 247.85% of last year's release and Powell is still rising at just under a foot a day where last year at this same time, there was barely over 1 inch a day rise at this same time.

All this is very good news for boating, lake levels, water supply to cities and farms and so much more!

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
WTDecker

Very cool. Thanks. PM me your address. Charts are interesting. Wasn't able to tell how much more they anticipate from snow pack.
I just flew over the Rockies last week and was astounded at how much snow is still on the mountains, and not just the tippy-tops either. In fact the big news while I was in Denver was the fact it snowed in the mountains in late June. I was very encouraged to see all the white stuff. Global warming, hehe, yeah right.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Lake is up and it keeps rising...Almost July and there is still snow on Mt. Charleston and Tahoe is having minor road flood warnings due to the huge amount of snow melting quickly now almost every day....Lake rising at record levels was great news til I remembered I just sold my lake boat....:)st

·
Registered
810 Posts
Shhhhhhh..........Politically it's too cool to mention all this free and potentially kinetic energy ....( rain and snow pack magically appears in anticipated and well planned for CYCLES)..

So, be safe, don't speak and just trust your politicals to rise to the occasion save us with SOLAR .... OKAY !!!

-R32

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Please do not tell Al Gore about this thread he would be pissed.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
we went out last weekend and beached at sandy, put our cooler on the sand right on the water line. when we left about 8 hours later the cooler was in 4" of water! definitely a good thing.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
70 hours a week? Call me anyway and we can run over to In-n-out burgers across the 95. At 70 hours a week; you are entitled to at least two 5 minute breaks right? That In/Out location has the least wait time of ALL besides maybe Havasu.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts