Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what is the best way to grind valves! I want to know what is the most efficient Engine size and combination to run a TAF or TAH and why! Feel free to give your past histories and accomplishments and if you do not agree with each other please keep it clean while hammering on the other.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would like to know what is the best way to grind valves! I want to know what is the most efficient Engine size and combination to run a TAF or TAH and why! Feel free to give your past histories and accomplishments and if you do not agree with each other please keep it clean while hammering on the other.
MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh you are in so much trouble.................

:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I know, I know! You chuck the valve in a drill press and hold a file at the desired angle. As for the TAF TAH engine size, AS BIG AS YOU CAN MAKE IT! Duh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I know, I know! You chuck the valve in a drill press and hold a wet stone at the desired angle. As for the TAF TAH engine size, AS BIG AS YOU CAN MAKE IT! Duh.
Hell, Just Use a Drill press and a Rasp ! maybe finish with some soap stone for seating purposes .....

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am serious about the most efficient engine size and combo. I want to hear the 2 opinions. At some point they have to agree on something. Until then, it is pure entertainment!:D

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I know, I know! You chuck the valve in a drill press and hold a file at the desired angle. As for the TAF TAH engine size, AS BIG AS YOU CAN MAKE IT! Duh.
I would use a bench grinder, it would make the boat much safer because it wouldn't go very fast...

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wouldn't be the "motive" here is it??? :D
Maybe a slight bit of motive but I really want to know their opinions on the engine. Maybe you could start Warp!:D

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Pot stirer! :)devil

·
Banned
204 Posts
520ish inch Chrysler Brad 6

I would start with a BAE 6, at 528", whipple or PSI

but I would want to make a Dual prop deal work, I assure you it wouldnt be "conventional" I would drop the V drives prop shafts as low as possible in the front to Shallow the shaft angle, and if i couldnt get them low enough I would have the Hull modified to allow for it, you have to remember, the "V" drive is THE focal point of all the forces in the Boat, to much angle and the front wants to Jump when you hit the throttle, (The ONLY move you want this boat to make....is FORWARD)

I will also add the more angle the faster the prop sufaces, the faster the prop surfaces the less it's effecient as I have proved before, if I couldnt get a dual counter rotating prop deal, I wouldnt bother, they are getting just to much power and they will walk on a single right to left which is one reason I think so many guys are crashing them, thinking you can "steer" the thing back straight....it isnt going to happen...but to make a dual prop run, it may be necessary to end up with a 3/4 arm deal to get both props working I also think a wide split would help, like we ran before to get the boat accelerating, then at a predtermined set RPM, about 7400, the trans shifts all by itself on a switced circut to an air valve

the reason for the two props is to try and get to a "Forged" "Cleaver" prop deal and to get as close to equal oposites as possible, not sure whats available in that area currently...but a few phone calls and some googling would take care of that.

running a 3/4 arm Chrysler 8600+ doesnt bother me, I did Larks on every pass it made fast.....in the low to mid 180's....that was 30 Years ago...

besides, an additional 29".....who can leave that on the table ?...if the 528" motors are making 3500, thats 6 HP per inch 6X29 = 175 HP...even more reason to be there....thats a lot to leave lying on the bench

Mike Landy didnt believe I was spinning that engine that fast, cause it had a Jones Motrola Tach "mechanical", later after I left Lark ran a Race pack, ...it showed 8100 on some "casual" passes....while he was struggling with Blowers.......and didnt want to believe thats what was wrong which is why he struggled a year and a half after I left to fix it.

my ZOOMies would be at least 1/4" larger dia than the Ex port, closer to 1/2"

10" dia, 16" pitch prop spinning 18232 rpm is if I can reach a 73% prop eff, is 203.48 Mph...., I think it'll go 220 though, it'll handle more than 2.12 gear and I can go to a 17" pitch if they are avail. not sure....one thing I am sure of....Hold on to your ass

211 with a 17" at 72% eff.

the dual prop deal is going to be easier to drive and safest

I am sorry, but as for a flat bottom I wouldnt touch it capsul or not the hulls are simply inccorect shape to be running the speeds they do.....

if I can this weekend I will make some drawings to show my valve jobs verses the "others" and why I use my method

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
Very informative Hat!!! Lots of good info there!

Maybe now we can get Steelcomp in here to give us his best combination?
Hey I said the same thing he did. Just the abbreviated version.:D

JB Guru the discussion facilitator

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.