Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a couple of the marine resellers carry these, but the price tag is a little out of my league. Can anyone tell me what type of relay would work for a electric hatch ram? relay will be mounted under the back seat and will not be in the engine compartment so i dont see the need for a sealed unit.

I appreciate any input.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Oldsquirt.

I am trying to achieve increased speed, so I feel the relays are necessary. I will try researching the linear actuator.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did some research on another site. Looks like this would work if I wire the switched power to the relays referencing "alarm output", one switched power per relay. Any opinions?

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That diagram is it. Your existing DPDT switch can be used as a SPDT to supply the switched ground needed to activate relays. Just use one one half of the switch.
Okay, now Im confused. So if I use both sides of the switch plus the relays as wired Im in essence double polarized?

So I can run Bat+ & Bat- to the switch, with one output? Im not seeing how it hooks up to the relays then...

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent, i went ahead and designed my own drawing with your descriptions above-looks like I got it right.

I assume the relays I buy should be normally open, correct?

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Old Squirt,

What gauge wires? I know when people run the power through the gauge they say to run 10 gauge...Is that necessary with the relays?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.