Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a lot of people ran roughly 10mph faster than normal........ Does anyone think things might have been off or was there some really good air :grin::stir::stir:

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I heard a lot of people ran roughly 10mph faster than normal........ Does anyone think things might have been off or was there some really good air :grin::stir::stir:
clocks were pretty much dead nuts on. except for one taf that they heated 'em up for. :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I noticed the same thing, thought the same, but Fry proved the accuracy, plus BP running the right on numbers, hometown tune, Fry ran fast with this Phoenix tune, so yeah water not as sticky as Phoenix mixed with better air he shaved .50, showed his tuning skills with an .0

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Fast track but that's to be expected based on that water and the air we had. Similar to Dexter and Irvine both for us. Edit....Saw some weird mph on Friday, just ignored it.

Firebird last month was brutal. Slowest track I've ever ran on. 5800 ft air and 107 degrees in the pit. I could never run in conditions like that ever again and be perfectly ok. Lol.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Firebird last month was brutal. Slowest track I've ever ran on. 5800 ft air and 107 degrees in the pit. I could never run in conditions like that ever again and be perfectly ok. Lol.
Huh ??? LOL That's what we deal with regularly. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Yeah? Bring your non boatracing class turbo happy motor over to Califas... See what happens.
No thanks. :hmmm:

World finals is as far west as we have fuel to drive. But might as well make the next Havasu race. If the clocks are not fixed by then. :wink2:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
from what we saw they were running faster in the lane closest to the beach were the water was shallow. tony ran 175mph with a like a 5.13 in that lane. but randy ball was on the outside lane when he ran the quickest TAF pass of the day 5.03

·
Ralls Precision Machine
435 Posts
Not a chance.

We ran a couple MPH Slower, and lost about a .1 from running at Bakersfield 2 weeks prior.

And that seemed to jive with the chatter around the pits from other racers that where at bako.

Great place, venue was insane, crowd was huge, we had a awesome time. Sunday was a bummer, but hey, $hit happens.

AR

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
from what we saw they were running faster in the lane closest to the beach were the water was shallow. tony ran 175mph with a like a 5.13 in that lane. but randy ball was on the outside lane when he ran the quickest TAF pass of the day 5.03
when were these runs made? quickest I heard for guru was 5.168. quickest I heard randy run was 5.10. which of course is still hauling ass. but there is a difference.

·
Nelson MFG
324 Posts
yeah clocks must have been off, my quickest pass of the weekend felt slow... I've run harder with my girlfriend in the boat ;)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Clocks were normal. We ran a 139 in bako and ran 139 in havasu with a little bigger tune up in QE.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts