Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get the packet from Havasu for hooking up to sewer? Anything I should be aware of when signing this stuff?

Thanks for any input.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
The longer I don't have an additional revolving account and a torn up street for 5 months the better I feel.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
What was your fee if you don't mind me asking? Is eveyone the same?
unless it's changed reciently.
it should be 3 ways to pay

1) $2k all at once
2) $20 a month for 10yrs
3) $2k grant from the state (if you qualify) non residents will not

so far they have been doing alright and just about every yard is put back the way is was. but beware of your water usage between Jan-(end of March) each year, your usage during this time will detrmine your sewer bill for the remainder of the year

·
Registered
6,120 Posts

1) $2k all at once
2) $20 a month for 10yrs

so far they have been doing alright and just about every yard is put back the way is was. but beware of your water usage between Jan-(end of March) each year, your usage during this time will detrmine your sewer bill for the remainder of the year
Thats what the price that was on my papers. They would go from Jan-March when I have a snowbird there. :mad: I couldn't find on the papers where it had a start date.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
your at least 4yrs away
Hell probably longer. They were supposed to have started our street already according to the papers but nothing yet. They have it marked off with spray paint though. Probably going to end up doing it during the summer so the boat and everything can get filthy.

·
Court Jester
445 Posts
Hell probably longer. They were supposed to have started our street already according to the papers but nothing yet. They have it marked off with spray paint though. Probably going to end up doing it during the summer so the boat and everything can get filthy.
Supposed to start Palo Verde North in the next few weeks. I put the boat in storage until it's all done. They are working on Bombay now and I had tons of red dirt crap all over the boat cover from it drifting through the air.

Supposed to be completely done by April with the Palo Verde stretch... We'll see.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Supposed to start Palo Verde North in the next few weeks. I put the boat in storage until it's all done. They are working on Bombay now and I had tons of red dirt crap all over the boat cover from it drifting through the air.

Supposed to be completely done by April with the Palo Verde stretch... We'll see.
Crap. I hope they don't get to my street until the winter.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Can anyone explain why they need this anyway? I'm just asking because I don't know. I figure build new streets with it but leave the existing ones alone. I don't mind being on septic. Seems to be much more trouble than it is worth.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

Hopefully our boat will be gone by the time they start. We're a ways up from you, just got our packet late last week. I can't wait...maybe the house will be for sale shortly after. :)

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts
I just got mine also. I would like to know more about it also. Yopengo...Have they done your street yet. ??
I haven’t been out there for three weeks but they had signs up and the road was all marked up.

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
They're getting ready to start in my neighborhood right now. I'm off of Catamaran. I signed the paperwork last year, and I'll probably just pay the $2K once they're ready to hook everything up.

·
Registered
73 Posts

1) $2k all at once
2) $20 a month for 10yrs

Why would anyone choose any option but the $20/mo? Over 10 years that works out to an interest rate of only 0.31%. Hell, I can get nearly 20X that rate with a CD!

Pay in full? Not for me! If my calculator is right I'll have $3,297 after 10 years with 5% annual interest rate compounded daily. Chit...subtract the $2,400 in payments I'll have nearly $900 more with the payments.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Can anyone explain why they need this anyway? I'm just asking because I don't know. I figure build new streets with it but leave the existing ones alone. I don't mind being on septic. Seems to be much more trouble than it is worth.
It'll add some value to the property. Sewer vs. septic, sewer is much less to maintain in the long term. Ever replace a septic tank? It ain't cheap. I'm sure the local septic pumping companies are pissed off.

Hopefully they'll be including clean out access with this new installation, otherwise it could cost owners more money if there's a stoppage later.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
population density was the cause, Arizona Dept of Environmental quality (ADEQ) allows only 3 conventional septic systems per acre, with so many 80' x 125' lots (1/4 acre) in Havasu (lack of fore thought IMO), we reached density for the town and ADEQ was going to refuse to issue any more septic permits till Havasu complied with or was in-progress of (approved plan) decreasing the density to 3 or less conventional septic systems per acre. The simple solution for our city leaders was to go sewer and pass the cost on to all property owners within the scope of the project;)
thats the short version:D

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
And that's a better answer too.;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts