Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a call the other day saying the old indigo joes is opening again in April. It will be called Havasu Skybox. Bout time they got that thing opened again.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes i saw a few people there yesterday i hope all goes well with the new
owner .they always had good food there.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
You are right, I checked the Az Liquor License applications, and there it was!!! I 'll check into it this week, great find Kenny!!! It will be good to get it re-opened!!

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I was told that it was being reopened by the family that owns the property, and that some of the old Indigo employees would be working there.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I heard it was going to be just like it was with just a name change.
"Just at it was" went under in a better economy than we have now. The D.S. party gave them a big boost that appeared to last a couple months afterward. Most Sun. thru Wed., the place was empty. If they don't do something to get butts in the seats, they'll be gone too.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
"Just at it was" went under in a better economy than we have now. The D.S. party gave them a big boost that appeared to last a couple months afterward. Most Sun. thru Wed., the place was empty. If they don't do something to get butts in the seats, they'll be gone too.
Poor management and bad service played a big part in their demise. I was a very good customer, but got tired of hearing they were out of menu items, or had piss poor service that ruined our dining experience. I know of a lot of customers that had the same experiences.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Poor management and bad service played a big part in their demise. I was a very good customer, but got tired of hearing they were out of menu items, or had piss poor service that ruined our dining experience. I know of a lot of customers that had the same experiences.
Ouch, I thought the old mgmt was a friend of yours. For poor service, you said old employees going back. Just seems like the good ones already have jobs elsewhere. Wife and I went there for dinner only once, We're out of everything that we ordered, we're out was said just to many times. After that, just went for the cold beer. We're looking forward to going back

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Latest info:

Just had a meeting with the new owners, actually they are the owners of the building. Super nice folks, Sharon abd Jerry. They are bringing back the bar manager, they hired two of the chefs from Valeries Sugerbrook(that just closed), they are going with good/affordable sports bar food. They will have some signature dishes as well.
The place was getting a thorough cleaning.
They will still have 20 beers on tap and all the TV's up and running. They are planning to open April 15th. The owner also told me he bought the vacant lot next door to eventually put up a patio!!!:D

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
The building owners are smart people (Sharon). The wrote up the lease such that any improvements stayed with the building. Whala, instant sports bar/restaurant, just add water. I am very happy to hear that the Sugerbrook guys are cooking. THEY ARE THE BOMB. The breakfast and lunches were fantastic and then when they started doing dinners, man you could not go wrong with anything they had (only 5-7 dishes at night). It was a sad day when I heard that Sugarbrook closed.

Today I am a happy guy.:)devil

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
oh, and DON'T EVER RUN outta JACK again!

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
Latest info:

Just had a meeting with the new owners, actually they are the owners of the building. Super nice folks, Sharon abd Jerry. They are bringing back the bar manager, they hired two of the chefs from Valeries Sugerbrook(that just closed), they are going with good/affordable sports bar food. They will have some signature dishes as well.
The place was getting a thorough cleaning.
They will still have 20 beers on tap and all the TV's up and running. They are planning to open April 15th. The owner also told me he bought the vacant lot next door to eventually put up a patio!!!:D
nice :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts