Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know whats up with Havasu Springs? I have been going there for 40 years and now they say there not taking reservations and you can't get on a waiting list for cancellations in RV. Did they sell it? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dont know any details...
heard they are part of a vacation resort time share type deal, might be movin in some modulars in some of the rv spaces. Like I said this is third hand info but I did get a call from them about staying for free if I sat and listened to a 45 minute sales pitch

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know any details...
heard they are part of a vacation resort time share type deal, might be movin in some modulars in some of the rv spaces. Like I said this is third hand info but I did get a call from them about staying for free if I sat and listened to a 45 minute sales pitch

Ya, I got that call also. So you have to join there club to get in? I thought BLM had a rule for all the water front resorts that they had to keep a certain amount of spaces open for short term tenants.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The springs has been building new facilites for the last couple of years. I have not been since the summer before last so not sure what is going on now. They had some big plans though. My family has been going there for many years...

·
Registered
953 Posts
That's pretty suprising...had not heard anything about that...and all those new places are not sold...and there is more on the market there....I had heard when times were good they were going to stop allowing day boaters to launch and folks with places or RV's only could launch there....I think in these times they are idiots if they are restricting the population of use to the place....

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
More of those time share/resort places will eventually pop up. More restrictions as well. But think on the positive side, it'll boost the construction industry.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
i think its great for the construction industry. but pretty stupid to bring all these bullshizz rules that come with these stupid time shares. its going to turn into crap. people that have been going there for years are now going to have to pay thousands to stay there. purchasing time shares is not cheap IMO. peeps can barley afford the homes they are living in let alone drop 5 to 11 grand for a time share. the die hards of the springs will prob do it in a heartbeat but i think they will loose business if they try and play the time share owner exclusivity card. this will really effect the day user folks when they get turned away from there favorite place cause they havent paid to play

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
DJohn Not sure but I think it might just be you they don't like??? I have heard stories about your group and I can see why they wanted you out of HS.

JW

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Yea they called me last year offering me a free weekend. Like I'm going to yank my 5th wheel out of the cool mountains to fry in the desert. I told them call me back in October and I'll think about it. 2 weeks ago the jerk called me again. No thanks I'm up in the cool pines again. I've looked at the web site, not a tree or bush in site, no thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Wilkes

DJohn Not sure but I think it might just be you they don't like??? I have heard stories about your group and I can see why they wanted you out of HS.

JW
Now that I think about it, the last time I was there in May, you came to visit us and now they won't let us back in. What did you say to them?:)Unsure

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I heard that it was being run by Colorado River Adventures, the same company that runs Emerald Cove down in Parker.

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
DJohn The only thing I know was the name ROCKY came up and I left before things got out of hand or should I say ROCKS AND TREES

JW

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
DJohn One last thing I want you to know, You are good for business

JW

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DJohn The only thing I know was the name ROCKY came up and I left before things got out of hand or should I say ROCKS AND TREES

JW
HA!!!!! Just because I did a little tree triming and some off roading in my boat is no reason to not let me come back. IS IT??????? There most be a better reason.

I did find out that this culb ( CRA as noted in an earlier post ) has booked all the RV spots for the whole summer, and regular people can't get in. I am :)LegHump

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts

JW
Look at Jim, getting all involved in the turmoil. :(:(

Things slow at the shop this week? :)hand

I just checked the CRA website and they have Havasu Springs listed as one of their parks.

This could be good for the EC gang, like Ross. (TPC) Use your membership for a weekend on the Lake.

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
NA BOATCOP Just wanted to give my friend DJohn some love. By the way I didn't see you working the lower river by my house over the 4th? Did they let you out on the water or were you making a new RIVER FLIM for TV??

JW

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tree triming

I didn't charge for any of the triming or for the grading and I think I widened there view a bit. Still they shouldn't hold that against me. :))eek:))

1 - 20 of 24 Posts