Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through channels a couple weeks ago and saw a fraternity brother on Family Feud. A freind of the wife's and old schoolmate of mine was on Wipeout and made it to the final til she broker her leg. My Aunt was on The Price is Right way back in the day....she made it to the final and then lost.

Anybody here personally been on a show?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was on The Price is Right many years ago. A few girls I know used to go down to the show a lot. They never got picked and the 1 time I went with them, I was one of the first 4 called up. Didn't win anything but they sent me a bunch of consolation prizes, the usually rice a roni, Lee press on nails and a bunch of other useless stuff. Pissed me off when I got a 1099 for $2,500.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was flipping through channels a couple weeks ago and saw a fraternity brother on Family Feud. A freind of the wife's and old schoolmate of mine was on Wipeout and made it to the final til she broker her leg. My Aunt was on The Price is Right way back in the day....she made it to the final and then lost.

Anybody here personally been on a show?
A friend of mine won a Camaro and a trip to New Zeland on The price is right.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A good friend was on Wipeout recently (Mullet Man)LMAO everytime I think of it. My aunt one a Pontiac Astre back in 74 on the price is right. Back then you didn't get the prize until the show aired.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Not a game show but my little sister was the Jenny Jones Show. Made a complete fool of herself as did everyone else on that trash TV program.

It's fun to bring up during Thanksgiving dinner...lol

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a game show but my little sister was the Jenny Jones Show. Made a complete fool of herself as did everyone else on that trash TV program.

It's fun to bring up during Thanksgiving dinner...lol
Was she able to find out which of the three was her baby's daddy?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Was she able to find out which of the three was her baby's daddy?
:)

It was a show about reuniting with one night stands. My sister and her boyfriend and got into argument when they were on a trip out of town. She took off and hooked up with some guy. They reunited on the show that aired on Holloween day so they had everyone dressed in costume. My sister was dressed as an angel. The people in the audiance kept yelling at her ....."You ain't no angel".

I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about bringing this up again at the next family get together.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
My Brother Was on Miss Barbara in the 60's Taped in Downtown Cleveland Was Sindicated over several states. Typical stay was 5 days of TV time they had him on for the Entire Summer. He then later in life was a DJ for the Famed WMMS Cleveland Rock and Roll Capital of the World

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not a game show, but my father in law was on David Letterman. Letterman did a week of shows from San Francisco and FIL got a call asking if he wanted to be on the show. They did the top 10 names in California, each person had to walk on stage, say their name, then they would show their drivers license to prove it was real. My FIL only made it to #7 - Harry Dong hil:)

Others in the top 10 that I can remember were

#1 was Dick Head
Anita Legg
Phil McCraken
Dick Weed
Harry Bush
Teddy Bear

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I want to go on Wipeout! I love that show, I especially love the ones that are dubed in english from overseas! lol I think I will look into the wipeout deal!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My mom was on "let's make a deal"...chose the cash...$60...which she spent at least 5 times before it arrived...and pissed my dad off because behind door#2 was a couple of Honda trail 90s.

I was on the Man show. They just used our segment for filler in later episodes.

The best one was my great Aunt. She'd given $5K to the Crystal Cathedral and when she came out from Iowa she wanted to see her plaque...It took her an hour to find it. She though her $5K half built the place. Anyway she wanted to stay for the service, and she sat on the end of a row. At the end of the service, they announced when the service would air. Sure enough, two weeks later was my aunts beautific serene countenance....several times in fact. Man was she happy.

Then she called us...she was on again...and again...and again...crap, she was the featured old lady for about 6 months. I think she finally understood about that place after that. I guess game shows are more honest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
me and a buddy tried out for Supermarket Sweep, made the first two cuts and was told to come back the following Saturday to shoot the show.

Problem was, we were 20 yrs old at the time and my folks were out of town for 2 weeks. We ended up getting so F'ed up that Friday night we could not pull them up tight enough to make it to the shooting in Burbank. To this day it bums me out because at that time we both worked at Ralphs and would have killed it for sure.

I was on the Payroll with KLOS 95.5 for 3 hours. Locals to Los Angeles will know what that is.

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
Not so much game shows.....small appearances on america's most wanted and cops ......been to alot of carnivals and shit though ,and won plenty of stuffed animals and other shit too... like goldfish and candy!!!! OH yeah once I won a cake walk in jr high,that was pretty cool !!! :)

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
I was on some Lottery show, by proxy. It was from some scratcher that you mailed in for a chance to be on the TV show, my ticket was drawn as a "home player", who got the same prize as the person on the show.

The dufus who played for me only won $600. If he had gone to the next stage it would have been 10 grand.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Was at a taping of a new show produced by Jerry Seinfeld called the Marriage Ref today. It was pretty funny.
Next time MrsMb and I have a argument I'm callin in a Ref. :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I went with a group of friends to the price is right for one of their b days and one of the girls that went with us got picked. I swear that show is THE easiest show to get on. All you have to do is be over the top during the interviews and you will get on no problem. She played it to a T, and what do yah know. She ended up winning a sick pool table and lost to another young girl in the showdown who ended up winning both showdown prizes which included a car, trip, home gym, and some other misc. stuff.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
:)

It was a show about reuniting with one night stands. My sister and her boyfriend and got into argument when they were on a trip out of town. She took off and hooked up with some guy. They reunited on the show that aired on Holloween day so they had everyone dressed in costume. My sister was dressed as an angel. The people in the audiance kept yelling at her ....."You ain't no angel".

I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about bringing this up again at the next family get together.
Too funny! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.