Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jet boats are highly maneuverable, and many can, from full speed, be reversed and brought to a stop within little more than their own length, in a maneuver known as a "crash stop". The well known Hamilton turn or "jet spin" is a high speed manoevre where the boat's engine throttle is cut, the steering is turned sharply and the throttle opened again causing the boat to spin quickly around with a large spray of water.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Deeper Vees are better for turns; My CVX-20 turns inconsistantly (19* Vee w/pad)- My Dad's Family jetboat (22* Vee) Turned tight every time. The reverse thingy is great for safety, but you want to be careful not to "Stick" the boat, since they try to bury the nose in reverse...I actually practice it often so I know what it's gonna do if I need to stop fast. It's great asking a prop guy if he's ever seen a boat with brakes; "How would that be possibbbbbbllle!?!!!!" They literally think they are going to die!:)sphss:p:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I do it every weekend. At first by accident. I thought I did something wrong. Then I realized that's just the way a jet turns. Feels much worse than it is. You ain't gonna' sink.

Now I spin for fun.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
NO THANKS! I would rather keep it strait! im sure there is quite a bit of stress that is put on a hull when trying to pull off a"Hamilton turn"! lol
Which of you guys have the tallest roost??? ;)

·
The Rogers Is Back!
347 Posts
no thanks! I would rather keep it strait! Im sure there is quite a bit of stress that is put on a hull when trying to pull off a"hamilton turn"! Lol
which of you guys have the tallest roost??? ;)
bahahahahahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts