Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Maui in March KIHEI to be exact anybody have the hook ups on places to stay or any recomendations for that area?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
103 Posts
This year in Maui, I spoke with a family that was hanging out next to us by the pool, they paid $1300 for a full week at the time share I own by looking on craigslist for people offing their timeshares for the year. This seemed like a pretty good idea to me, I wouldn't sell mine, but I have to imagine that there are several thousand people out there that don't like to deal with trading, and can't afford the double priced ticket this year. It was $442 to go this year, and I can't seem to find a ticket for under $800 for next year, and I am booking 8 months in advance. If you can afford the tickets for everyone this year, you might be able to find something good on CL, or EBAY, I heard both sell time shares, and from what I understand, most people just want to get their yearly maintenance fees back for the year. Good luck, and have fun in Kihei. If you golf, I would recommend all the courses, I played 13 different courses this year, and wouldn't be able to choose between any of them.

Ken

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Trading our timeshare

Going to Maui in August. We got both rooms at a Marriott resort trading our timeshares over from our home resort in Palm Desert. Air fare for 5 of us including the rental car, taxes, airport fees, etc was $3000.

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
This year in Maui, I spoke with a family that was hanging out next to us by the pool, they paid $1300 for a full week at the time share I own by looking on craigslist for people offing their timeshares for the year. This seemed like a pretty good idea to me, I wouldn't sell mine, but I have to imagine that there are several thousand people out there that don't like to deal with trading, and can't afford the double priced ticket this year. It was $442 to go this year, and I can't seem to find a ticket for under $800 for next year, and I am booking 8 months in advance. If you can afford the tickets for everyone this year, you might be able to find something good on CL, or EBAY, I heard both sell time shares, and from what I understand, most people just want to get their yearly maintenance fees back for the year. Good luck, and have fun in Kihei. If you golf, I would recommend all the courses, I played 13 different courses this year, and wouldn't be able to choose between any of them.

Ken
That's exactly what I was thinking about doing next year. So it's available. I have my timeshare that can be used just about anywhere in the world.

This one is 7 miles from Kihei:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hnmmc-wailea-beach-marriott-resort-and-spa/

We'll be staying there in just a couple weeks for our family vacation.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My Kihei condo is open from March 17 going forward. You can check it out at - www.maulanikai.com

If my condo isn't quite what your looking for, I've got the hook-up with lot's of other owner condos and good rates at all of the resorts.

Let me know if I can help.

Rob @ Island Adventures

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts
VRBO.com will have a ton of options from homes to condos.. Head North a bit and stay in Napili Bay, I hear its nice;)

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
VRBO.com will have a ton of options from homes to condos.. Head North a bit and stay in Napili Bay, I hear its nice;)
blow hard hes right napili is very nice wife and i rented a condo last year for ten days at 105.00 a night with u flying free , u and ur family could stay there for a month.:)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I looked at VRBO.com as well. Rob @ Island adventures found us better deals and nicer places to stay. I wanted the most for less and Rob hook us up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rob did our hole trip in sept. great prices and service. He also did my in-laws travel. Great guy with great hook-ups
Tell Him Rick sent you please.

Rob Jenneve
Island Adventures Travel
1142 N. Fairview Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117
ph: 800-289-4957
fax: 805-683-4649
[email protected]
www.islandadventures.com

our maui vacation rental
www.maulanikai.com

Rick,

This is good advice as I just got off the phone with Rob and he is working on a trip to Hawaii for us too. Very nice guy with lots of good advice and pointers. Good luck BLOWN HOWARD.

Nick Johnson

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Glad he can help. Always nice to have a good relationship with a board member.
He's also getting my uncle Tony set-up with travel and a ton of info on Costa Rico. He's almost got him dialed in. Rob has gone over and above for my Uncle. Tony's a OLD, HARD CORE ITIALIAN. No more needs to be said about that :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.