Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple people were interested in this brochure so I thought I'd post pictures of it(check out the killer hair and beard). I tried to get pictures to post in the order that they were in the brochure. I got the brochure from the previous owner of my 1978 Hawaiian Party Cruiser along with a whole file of receipts and documents from when it was purchased to present. I am the third owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool. Too bad you are not close to Dallas. I would come get it from you and get some good scans of it. Love seeing the old brochures.
I can try to scan them and email them to you..?.?

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
I can try to scan them and email them to you..?.?
No need. I was just thinking out loud. I have access to a good flatbed scanner that will do 11 X 17 at one of my clients. Now if it was an Eliminator brochure form 1989 then we might have to work something out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any pictures or old brochures of a Hawaiian Party Cruiser with original red metal flake color scheme? I think that was original color of mine. Or any other Hawaiian literature? I would be interested in any history of Hawaiian boats. Are they still in business? Thanks:)

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Hawaiian Boats Questions

Do a search for 'old rigger' here on the forums. He used to work for Hawaiian and is full of information concerning them. I've been away for a while so I'm not sure if he is still active on here, but he has provided plenty of information concerning the subject over the lifetime of this website, so definitely worth a search.

·
Registered
851 Posts
More useless info...

The 8 meter and it's big brother were originals, tooled-up in house.

Streamliner, a re-worked Spectra 20. Everyone splashed the the Spectra.

Polynesian, another original tooled-up in house although this one in the brochure has the 2nd generation dash in it.

Moonraker was a splash of an Omega. The first production open bow LP hull.

Molokai was a splash of Marty Hatchel's 19 Hornet, but we also did a Bubble as well as the original flat deck.

The Lanai Mini Cruiser, the old Tahiti mini.

The 6.1 mini, I don't remember but it looks like a cut down Streamliner.

Oahu, a 18 Southwind splash. Everyone splashed this one too.

Flasher was already covered.

The Holiday, the old Tahiti tri. This was the only boat we built with a chopper gun. All others were hand laminated, at the peak we did 9 boats a day.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I remember that hull, good looking boat, mile long deck. I don't remember the details but one of dads old Hollydale buddies, Norm Slayton had something to do with Double Eagle but I can't remember what exactly it was. And I think one of my old Hollydale/Paramount buddies worked there for a while, Kent Santos.

Oh yeah, of all the shops I worked at, most fun I had in the boat biz was at Hawaiian. It was a blast. Would love to figure out a way to go back there again.:rolleyes:
Old Rigger just left you a message on the Power Cat thread. Norm Slayton was our money man, partner, and #1 supplier of beer, booze, and babes. Kent as well as Jim Mobley, Frank Gross, Clay and Steve Trevett were all employees or as we refered to them " ********* ". They all ended up involved in this Industry to some degree later in life. It was a Motley Crew to say the least. I talk with them every now and then trade stories back and forth some true, some out right lies, but most a mixture of both with a little booze mixed in to help the old memory bank.
It was a great time to be in the business I too would love to find a way to go back to when it was just a Fricken blast. "I once thought I wanted to be FAMOUS but I settled for INFAMOUS."

·
Registered
851 Posts
I forgot to mention Mobley. I still see him, his wife and mine were/are good friends from high school, Lakewood. I went to Paramount and am 3-5 years older than all those guys. Norms son Lance was a year younger than me, hell of a baseball player back then.

Never heard the term "*********" but we used "yard lizards and bilge rats".

Just talked to Kent yesterday.

You can't think of Norm without a drink in his hand.

I replied to your message on the PC thread. Our paths must have crossed at some point.

The great thing about the shops back in the day were the guys working there. Like you, I have great memories of all the guys at each shop (for the most part). I mean what the hell, it was the 70s and from what I remember and am told....I had a blast. It all changed by the mid 80s, the whole thing had a different vibe, and that vibe was going up the nose's of quite a few shop owners. lol

Half the guys had their teeth kicked in by the end of '79-80 and closed their doors. The ones left standing had to change the plan a little to survive. It was tough to give away much less sell a jet in 1980. I lucked out and landed at Rogers for 5 years, now there was a guy that liked to party, and then on to Advantage, Howard Warlock blah blah blah. My dad was even luckier than me and got the hell out of it after Hawaiian.

·
Registered
10 Posts
25' Hawaiian Day Cruiser

I just picked this one up out of west Texas. Needs a complete resto but stringers and floor look good. Kind of worried about how its sitting on the trailer. The bunks look like they are bowed so not sure how the bottom looks as far as how much hook is in it. I really like the shape of the hull. What do you think, is it worth restoring? No engine but all the mounting hardware is there except the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked this one up for $500 out of west Texas. Needs a complete resto but stringers and floor look good. Kind of worried about how its sitting on the trailer. The bunks look like they are bowed so not sure how the bottom looks as far as how much hook is in it. I really like the shape of the hull. What do you think, is it worth restoring? No engine but all the mounting hardware is there except the exhaust.
Would you sell it? If that was the one down near Austin you beat me to it lol

·
Frank my lord
186 Posts
Hawiian 19' molokia

19' hawiian molokia bubble 'T' deck, full stringer hull was my first boat i had ever puchased and still use it every year to this day! I puchased it around 20 years ago! Lol wasnt going to buy but heard motor start? And instant performance boat enthusist began. I actually have it listed for sale on CL fresno for 4k obo, but seeing this on the forum i might pull my add:). I never wanted to sell anyway, but this performance boating isBS cause you cant own just one or two? Every event i attend seams like im buying another boat lol. Hawiian is my lake cruiser and taking family out in or friends, i own a 81 sanger BAH when i need my nerves shot out, and a 14' valco 25hp i go fishing in all the time, now im looking to buy a 'just big enough i can still tow' ocean boat cause me and my family go ocean fishing about 10-15 times all year long. Im still wandering when enough is enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
We did some tooling for Dick Schuster over the years at Double Eagle. The Bubble T Deck was one of them. Dick had come over to the shop and I was capping a Sanger bubble Deck we were getting ready to paint. He had I think a Kona Splash Bubble deck in his line already but didn't really like the way the bubble looked. He liked the Sanger style much better. We got to talking and I had mentioned I had wanted to Bubble Deck the Double Eagle Flat Bottom with a T cut out for the driver. So about 4 days go by and Dick calls says come on over and pick up a 19 I want a little tooling done on. When I got there he had a 19' Haskle blank with a splash of a Sanger Bubble sitting inside. Dick tells me I want you to make a bubble deck out of that 19. So I haul it back to the shop made a part out of the Sanger Bubble Splash cut it up graft it on the deck notch the drivers side and tool it up as a plug. I haul it back over to his shop he comes out an throws a fit over the T Deck part I never told you to T deck it I don't like it I ain't paying for it. Thinking I had screwed up I offer to take it back and redo it. He says screw it to late now come on in I'll cut you a check. I take the check which was already made out looked at it and in the memo line it reads 19 Bubble T Deck. Dick laughed and says your to easy son get the hell out of here. Dick always loved [email protected]#king with people any chance he got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 1978 Hawiian Polynesian for sale in good condition.New interior ,engine & new cover. Trailer new axal assembly,springs wheels,tires & lights.
I have all complete brochures and paper work. Im the second owner of this boat and friend of the first . I drove this boat when it was new.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts