Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost sheep to bo-peep......Did you get that sled out of the barn in the Appalachians yet and put it in the water? Or is it frozen still in Hazzard County? Over and Out!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
not to kick a dude while hes down but how is it mechanicly sound if he could never get it to run properly?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
not to kick a dude while hes down but how is it mechanicly sound if he could never get it to run properly?
ya think he meant to say "it makes a sound a mechanic needs to hear" ??:D

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
$5000...:))eek:))
I'd hate to see what a $500 jet boat looks like from that area!
"Motor professionally built runs strong!!!" ..... by who ???

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
All those questions for NOTHING ! :(:( WTF :D
The kid did about take over the forum with his threads...gotta give him credit for the most threads/questions asked >he was on a mission to learn :))THumbsUp

And lets not forget, he sure offered great advice to others!

:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Ok ok all very funny and I deserve all of them.:)sphss BUT, I put the sale of the boat in the hands of my partner on the boat, I have had nothing to do with the ad, the price, or anything else. We were originally talking $3,000 (since it has to be split 50/50 between the two of us):|err and we asked around to a few people and they said that they would pay about $2,500-$3,000 for it (without giving them any kind of asking price in advance.) Now, how it ended up at $5,000 I will never know, and I agree that is way too much for it. But that is also about what we both put into it over the 2 years of building it, so we're just "trying" to get our money back.:)sphss And we are both really hurting for money, he's going to diesel school, and I've been accepted into a 5 year masters program for architecture in Georgia.

Also, my buddy received a nasty phone call from someone on here!! And that is UN-NECESSARY!!!!!:mad: If you're not interested and think that is too much, keep your opinions to yourself!!! I want no more nasty phone calls, only serious calls, and I know we're not gonna get any of those from anyone on here, so don't even bother calling!!!!

Thank you and good day.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Also, my buddy received a nasty phone call from someone on here!! And that is UN-NECESSARY!!!!!:mad: .

First if you looking for 3K then asking 5 will give you some negotiating room so not really a bad thing as long as you are willing to deal however the way the add sounds makes it sound like the motor is good to go and no work required. Some one buying it like that will be undoubtly be pissed off to find that it wont run properly. Might want to revise the add.

Second about the quote above. seriosly, someone called from here to give you shit? thats a bit uncalled for. Ribbiung you a little bit on here is all in good fun but dang... any one gonna man up and tell us who you where?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Also, my buddy received a nasty phone call from someone on here!!
Well..........your buddy is lying to you then also:|err I did not leave a nasty message at all. I left a message on his voice mail that said "If this is the same boat that is on PB, then this add is totally bogus!" That was it. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who I am or where I am from. I left my number. Look it up by reverse or easier yet, call me back. But your buddy is lying to you just like he is in the add:|err

Hawaiin Jet Boat 19 ft 1978 - $5000 (Lexington)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-15, 8:17PM EDT

Motor: 427 tall deck bore to 440 Chevy
850 Holley Carb
Berkley Jet Drive
Motor professionally built runs strong!!!
boat has been on water short time need room in garage!
all it needs is paint and upholstry its mechanically sound!
asking 5000 obo
contact Elliott at

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
First if you looking for 3K then asking 5 will give you some negotiating room so not really a bad thing as long as you are willing to deal however the way the add sounds makes it sound like the motor is good to go and no work required. Some one buying it like that will be undoubtly be pissed off to find that it wont run properly. Might want to revise the add.

Second about the quote above. seriosly, someone called from here to give you shit? thats a bit uncalled for. Ribbiung you a little bit on here is all in good fun but dang... any one gonna man up and tell us who you where?
Again I didn't write the ad and I wasn't there when he did, so I had no say in any of that bs. But I did get it running again and it sounds pretty healthy, no funny noises or anything.:)sphss I even have video of it if I can ever figure out how to post video.:)sphss lol

That's not my phone number on the ad, by the way so. And my buddy got pretty pissed off about the call especially since they called 3 times in a row, then left a message. Highly uncalled for!!!!!:mad: And I want no more of it, period!!!!! Also I can only go on what he told me, and he did not appreciate the call at all and got a little hostile about it. And he did call you back and he said he talked to some lady.

·
Registered
720 Posts
3 times in a row, then left a message.
LOLOLOL TO FUNNY I called twice the first time I got disconnected and the second time I left a message and not a nasty message. Good luck on the sale and I would be there when your so called friend does make a deal on selling the boat. I think he will screw you over on how much he really sold the boat for.;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts