Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been on in a while, but I know most of you would appreciate some of the photos I took when I went to Australia a couple weeks ago to ski the Bridge to Bridge. Let me tell you, it is a BEAUTIFUL country! I couldn't believe my eyes at the water conditions we had for this race.

It is a 115km (72 mile) race that starts and Dangar Island/Brooklyn Bridge in Sydney, and ends up in Windsor. The scenery as a skier is gorgeous, I wish I had my helmet cam...

I'm going to post up a few pics, but I will also put a link to my Flickr page where you can look at all of the pictures... ENJOY! :D

This is what the water conditions were for about 90% of the race...
Hawkesbury Hotshots (Qualifying for Superclass)

If you want to see more shots, and see larger ones you can visit here: http://flickr.com/photos/missfirecracker314/sets/

Hope you all enjoy!

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool pictures Amy!! Thanks for posting! How did you finish?
We finished 3rd in Open Women in 57 minutes 30 seconds, and 50th overall. There were 121 finishing entries, and about 35 entries who were either DQ, DNF, or DNS...

It was a blast. 80 mph doesn't quite feel like 80 when you are on glass, but by the end my legs were screaming!

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Amy,
Who was Todd skiing with?
Wayne Mawer... Unfortunately Wayne hit a log, and they had to fix the fin on his ski, and it was bent up so badly they had a tough time finishing. They ended up still getting 4th in Superclass in just over 54 minutes.

To give you an idea of what times the super class was finishing in, Peter Proctor and Paul Robertson finished in 39 minutes 39 seconds, and second place with Chris Stout and Grant Turner finished in 39 minutes 50 seconds.

They were flying! 72 miles in under 40 minutes!!! Most people aren't even capable of driving that fast, let alone waterskiing that fast.

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
Very impressive. Carl would have been crying for sure that his arms were tired from driving or that he had a hang nail or something.

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
We finished 3rd in Open Women in 57 minutes 30 seconds, and 50th overall. There were 121 finishing entries, and about 35 entries who were either DQ, DNF, or DNS...

It was a blast. 80 mph doesn't quite feel like 80 when you are on glass, but by the end my legs were screaming!

So... lets talk about your legs...:D You say they were... screaming?:)eh:):D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Beautiful pics. Just put Australia on the bucket list.

But I thought there was some horrible drought in Aus? River's full, Landscape is lush green.. Looks like paradise. Are the pics misleading?

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful pics. Just put Australia on the bucket list.

But I thought there was some horrible drought in Aus? River's full, Landscape is lush green.. Looks like paradise. Are the pics misleading?
Not at all. I didn't venture far from the river, but everything I saw was very colorful, and green. The whole river is like that, and what I saw from the start near the ocean was just as green. The only place where I have ever seen a palm tree and pine tree right next to each other...

BTW... The BEST bacon I have ever had was there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
.thats is where the first round of the 2007 uim world titles were held and is my home track.hi guys this is dean from she,s the culprit had to re register computer shit itself

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi guys dean here from shes the culprit that is where the first round of the 2007 uim world titles were held.had to start all over again computer shit itself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts