Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been on in a while, but I know most of you would appreciate some of the photos I took when I went to Australia a couple weeks ago to ski the Bridge to Bridge. Let me tell you, it is a BEAUTIFUL country! I couldn't believe my eyes at the water conditions we had for this race.

It is a 115km (72 mile) race that starts and Dangar Island/Brooklyn Bridge in Sydney, and ends up in Windsor. The scenery as a skier is gorgeous, I wish I had my helmet cam...

I'm going to post up a few pics, but I will also put a link to my Flickr page where you can look at all of the pictures... ENJOY! :D

This is what the water conditions were for about 90% of the race...
Hawkesbury Hotshots (Qualifying for Superclass)

If you want to see more shots, and see larger ones you can visit here: http://flickr.com/photos/missfirecracker314/sets/

Hope you all enjoy!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Cool pic's, thanx for sharing...........was their any gator's to worry about?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Blazen won towing 2 aussie guys ,didnt see Todd haigs name there .Stinga and Hellbent were next.

The results said 2 laps so im not sure ,maybe it doesnt go B to B anymore .

·
Some guy
3,645 Posts
So, I wonder if Todd Haig behind Randy Davis @192 won it again. Anyone know the results?
Burt, I heard that either Todd or Wayne Mawer hit something, bent the fin on his ski and had to fix it, finished 36th overall, 9th superclass.

Howard Hoggins pulling Brady Hoggins and Sam Frey finished 8th overall. I noticed there were several other US skiers over there as well.

There are more photos on River Dave's, in the lounge I believe http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13215. Also, full results on skirace.net http://www.skirace.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/200820overall20results.pdf

Winners were Mark Cranny's Hellrazor pulling Paul Robertson and Peter Proctor, 39 mins and 39 seconds.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Burt, I heard that either Todd or Wayne Mawer hit something, bent the fin on his ski and had to fix it, finished 36th overall, 9th superclass.

Howard Hoggins pulling Brady Hoggins and Sam Frey finished 8th overall. I noticed there were several other US skiers over there as well.

There are more photos on River Dave's, in the lounge I believe http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13215. Also, full results on skirace.net http://www.skirace.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/200820overall20results.pdf

Winners were Mark Cranny's Hellrazor pulling Paul Robertson and Peter Proctor, 39 mins and 39 seconds.
They are different results to what i found on their web page ???Not sayin im right

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm guessing the photo of boat 192 with Randy Davis and Todd Haig was not from this years race, but thats them in boat 6. Am I correct?
For qualifying they are able to use their current boat number, but for the actual race day they assign your boat a number which you have to use. And since they qualified 6th, they got 6 for their boat number.

The start sequence is a bit different than any race, and you line up in numerical order for it. So they were still using the 192 boat, but they had to put a #6 over it because of qualifying.

I hope I explained it well enough, when I read the start sequence in the briefing I was happy I was with an experienced team.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I know I haven't been on in a while, but I know most of you would appreciate some of the photos I took when I went to Australia a couple weeks ago to ski the Bridge to Bridge. Let me tell you, it is a BEAUTIFUL country! I couldn't believe my eyes at the water conditions we had for this race.

It is a 115km (72 mile) race that starts and Dangar Island/Brooklyn Bridge in Sydney, and ends up in Windsor. The scenery as a skier is gorgeous, I wish I had my helmet cam...

I'm going to post up a few pics, but I will also put a link to my Flickr page where you can look at all of the pictures... ENJOY! :D

This is what the water conditions were for about 90% of the race...
Hawkesbury Hotshots (Qualifying for Superclass)

If you want to see more shots, and see larger ones you can visit here: http://flickr.com/photos/missfirecracker314/sets/

Hope you all enjoy!
Awesome!!!

What class did you ski? Your time?

I was there in '90 / '92 skied 8 liter class.

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!!!

What class did you ski? Your time?

I was there in '90 / '92 skied 8 liter class.
We skied Open Women behind Cykotic. We placed 3rd in our class, and 50th overall. We had a time of 57minutes 30 seconds... 1st and 2nd in the class came in at 55 minutes and some change. There were a total of 121 finishing/scored entries, and there were about 30 others who were either DQ, DNF, or DNS.

It was a total blast! I will never forget the experience, and any chance I've got to go back and race there again, I'm going to take it.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
We skied Open Women behind Cykotic. We placed 3rd in our class, and 50th overall. We had a time of 57minutes 30 seconds... 1st and 2nd in the class came in at 55 minutes and some change. There were a total of 121 finishing/scored entries, and there were about 30 others who were either DQ, DNF, or DNS.

It was a total blast! I will never forget the experience, and any chance I've got to go back and race there again, I'm going to take it.
Congatulations, wear the "Under 1hr Patch" Proudly! 54:56 in '90 2nd place. We DNF'D in '92, ran out of petrol at the last turn.

No other place on earth quite like OZ. The land and the people are the best!

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congatulations, wear the "Under 1hr Patch" Proudly! 54:56 in '90 2nd place. We DNF'D in '92, ran out of petrol at the last turn.

No other place on earth quite like OZ. The land and the people are the best!
That is awesome! But running out of fuel is horrible! After going all that way! You are so close yet so far on that last turn, especially with that happening.

We were pretty happy considering my ski partner and I never made a double up start until the race start. We had some issues during practice on Saturday, and were never able to make a start together. So I was pretty happy for how well we did. I didn't meet anyone on the team until I got over there, so things could have been a lot worse. :)sphss

Oz is a great place, and I know why everyone that I ever see from there is so happy! It is beautiful, and pretty damn clean too!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts