Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys use, or would you use a sealant on a Fel-Pro MLS style head gasket? Or just put it on dry?

Stock block and heads, ARP head bolts

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Ditto!!

If the tabs are short by the lifter valley then use RTV there. Basically follow the installation instructions if you have them!!

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not black, it's this one

Part Number: FEL-8180PT-2
Bore (in): 4.370 in.
Bore (mm): 110.998mm
Gasket Material: PermaTorqueMLS
Compressed Thickness (in): 0.039 in.
Compressed Volume (cc): 9.700cc
Lock Wire: No
Quantity: Sold individually.

Head Gasket, PermaTorqueMLS, 4.370 in. Bore, .039 in. Compressed Thickness, Chevy, 396-454

Still install dry?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
that IS NOT a MLS gasket. Godbless Summit. That is a bottom rung rebuild gasket that I cannot recommend for any performance engine, and certainly not a marine engine. But if you insist on useing it, no you still do not use anything on a composition type gasket. MAKE SURE THE DECK SURFACES ARE SPOTLESS

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MRG-3156G&autoview=sku
this is a stainless steel MLS marine gasket

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it blows again, I'll step up to something better next time. Will I need to re-torque the heads with this one? If so, when?

Thanks guys you rock :)devil

·
Registered
390 Posts
If it blows again, I'll step up to something better next time. Will I need to re-torque the heads with this one? If so, when?

Thanks guys you rock :)devil
Blows again???? Why would you want to go through all this trouble again, plus risking the motor with the possiblity of water getting into it? Not trying to be too harsh, but a decent head gasket is only 50 bucks or so.

Have you checked to make sure your head is flat?

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delayed response, The gasket blew when I was running about 50* total ignition advance. It's my assumption that was the cause of the gasket faiure.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ring the heads and use wire loc gaskets .
yeah, OK :)sphss

I have to admit... I've had my share of drunk post's too. Got a 40 of Old-E in my hand as we speak :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts