Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start a new topic.

I have a 468 BBC, 13-1, Merlin 345 heads. Cam is a special grind, 715 lift. Should I do the Cometics or the 4.370 Felpro MLS gaskets??

I can look up more cam specs if needed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
On My Turbo Car, I run the Fel-Pro MLS...lots of the turbo community has great luck with them. I think they're a great gasket. My .02

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
On My Turbo Car, I run the Fel-Pro MLS...lots of the turbo community has great luck with them. I think they're a great gasket. My .02
x2

felpro mls, i like em better than cometics. the block and heads have to have a super smooth finish to seal either 1 though, so if its not, i'd go with copper titan ics headgaskets if it were mine.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ok, i guess i need an education!...if a 468 is a .060 over, makeing it 4.311...why the big gasket (4.370)?...am i missing something?...school me! :)

FastRat

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
ok, i guess i need an education!...if a 468 is a .060 over, makeing it 4.311...why the big gasket (4.370)?...am i missing something?...school me! :)

FastRat
you've gotta seal the head too, not just the block, the head chamber will be much bigger than the block bore:)bulb

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

FastRat
you've gotta seal the head too, not just the block, the head chamber will be much bigger than the block bore:)bulb
Which is one of the issuses I have with the Titan ICS.The smallest bore the sell is 4.520, and that is a little bigger than I care to run if I don't have to.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Which is one of the issuses I have with the Titan ICS.The smallest bore the sell is 4.520, and that is a little bigger than I care to run if I don't have to.
yeah, i know what you're sayin, be nice if they made a set with notches instead of just round. gotta say though, their damn near impossible to make leak, we've ran my uncle's 3times already , just shoot alil copper coat on em. his tt496 isn't oringed so we run the ics gaskets on it. noone was able to make the block look near as nice as the heads so we didn't even try the felpros, big lack of nice machine shops in this area:)st wish i was closer to ron's place.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

FastRat
i dont think u can put a 6.385 rod in a std deck block...i believe the piston will hit the valves..

FastRat
Ask, and you will get the answer your looking for. Make statements like the one above, and you'll probably get more than you bargin for. I can't believe I let that one go. Must have been in a really good mood that day:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
520 Posts
Ask, and you will get the answer your looking for. Make statements like the one above, and you'll probably get more than you bargin for. I can't believe I let that one go. Must have been in a really good mood that day:D
Dang Bob you must be slippin, everyone knows you can run a 6.385 in a 9.8 deck, but only with a 2.19" intake valve absolutely no bigger:D SJ

P.S. You were not in a good mood, I think it might have slipped under your radar!:)hand

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Originally Posted by FastRat
i dont think u can put a 6.385 rod in a std deck block...i believe the piston will hit the valves..
You really didn't say that, did you?

everyone knows you can run a 6.385 in a 9.8 deck, but only with a 2.19" intake valve absolutely no bigger SJ
and you're just kiddin, arent you?!
:))eek:))

1 - 15 of 15 Posts