Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just popped a valve cover and took a look at the heads. Anyone have any info on a 3919840 head. Other than closed chamber rect port. Are they a decent head?

·
Loose Nut on the Wheel
426 Posts
Head Casting By Year

3963752.19/1.72106.8First Mark IV to have temperature sending boss. The late 1967 unit has the temperature sending unit boss but is not tapped. Identical to #3904391 except for temperature sending unit boss and two accessory bolt holes added.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Well, yeah, but....

I just popped a valve cover and took a look at the heads. Anyone have any info on a 3919840 head. Other than closed chamber rect port. Are they a decent head?
Well yeah, but there are much better choices out there..... Small, closed chamber, rec port..... IMO, I wouldn't put a bunch of money in them unless you're trying for a "period correct" restoration project.... IMO, you would be leaving quite a bit of potential on the bench.. Potential some 990s might be better suited for.....Unless you happen to have some nice flat top pistons and need to blend them into your project build..... I'd do some "period correct" research, there just might be a guy with an early Chevy project of those years, 67-69, looking for those exact heads to match his car.....
Ray
PS IMO a good set of un molested 990s will run about $6 to a grand, complete, ready to run...Nothing really special, but ready to run.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts