Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well does this work, i want to say i remember there being a discussion about how if you ran wet over transom coated headers that the tips of them would haze/fog up. I know most of you guys run em dry, and i would really rather do that but I have alot of kids in my boat and would like to keep them as cool as possible just in case!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
its just a hard water ring the the very tip on the collector 1/4" at most, that is all I have ever had to deal with.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just a hard water ring the the very tip on the collector 1/4" at most, that is all I have ever had to deal with.
No, what i'm talking about was alot worse, I remember seeing headers with probably 12" of haze at the end. Maybe al the way up to where collector. Good to hear though that your not having that problem. I assume embee did yours?

I broke a water injection line and cooked the shit out of these headers a couple trips ago. So i'm thinking about coating them!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I have had three different companies do headers for me and by far.....Embee does the nicest coating and the turn around is what they say 7-10 working days, did I say that their price was about the best between the three different companies too? if I didnt, just did! No B.S. drama either!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
kinda low rent but its worked so far for me... krylon 2200* paint, no bullshit.
If it does mess up then it will be really cheap to recoat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts