Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody used these and what kind of experience they had with them? My boats headers i think are running a little more wet than they should be, i'm just looking to get it perfect. I'm thinking about buying a set of these and just drilling them out if i need more flow.

hole is 0.125"

Please dont say install a gate/ball valve, i know thats what alot of you do, i'm not looking to go that route.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If those go on the water lines to the headers, Yes, I use something very similar. I have never heard of anyone else running them :confused: . When I bought my headers (in 2001) I was told to do it that way by one of the local old timers, have never had a problem, and they still look great !! I just check them before I go out to make sure nothing plugged up the small holes. As far as the hole size I don't remember what size I ended up with but my pump is a Jacuzzi YJ and doesn't make as much pressure as a Berkeley style pump.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yep, that's where mine are too. I just took a cordless drill and the set of drill bits with me to the lake and kept drilling them out until everything looked right. As I said they have been that way since 2001 and here's a shot from a this year (still looking good) . :D

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
I've gotta say Propless's setup is what I would call perfect. You see absolutely nothing coming out of the pipes while cruising. When you really get on the throttle you'll see nothing but a big puff of steam come out and that's it. And his headers are 5 years old with only the area between the heads and the weephole blued.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Have used something like those for about 18 yrs on the CP. Work just fine.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
You could always save your money, weld the holes up on the header fittings and re-drill with a much smaller hole...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Sorry, I just try to fix things that I can for free rather than throwing more money at it...

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
You could always save your money, weld the holes up on the header fittings and re-drill with a much smaller hole...
Actually what I did and (several others)...tap the header/fitting hole for a small brass screw, grind off the head and drill the size needed. Works great!

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Okay guys, I'm flyin the dumbshiet flag here......do you run these with the Bassett T still installed?

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Bassett now sells individual restrictors. They screw into the headers and restrict the water flow.

Shaun, I used to use the ones that you posted. They work great until I went DRY:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts