Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an effective slip in muffler yet? More and More rich folks are moving to the river, and dozing three houses, to build one mansion. I've used the basset spiral mufflers, I'd say they were the most effectice over any other baffle I've ran. I came across these, a bit more spiral than the bassets have. Any one tried these yet?-

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Has anyone found an effective slip in muffler yet? More and More rich folks are moving to the river, and dozing three houses, to build one mansion. I've used the basset spiral mufflers, I'd say they were the most effectice over any other baffle I've ran. I came across these, a bit more spiral than the bassets have. Any one tried these yet?-

A friend ran those long ago, and they worked real well. I've been looking for those for a while for my project, thanks for finding them, I'll be contacting them.

·
Strap on the JATO
305 Posts
Sleek, My buddy ran those in his. They cracked at the base of
the weld in a short amount of time. Rex has a set that look
similar, but are wrapped in SS sheet. Vic Hubbard in Haward
sells the ones you pictured for $80-90/pair.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i run SupperTrapps with the adjustable disks for tunning & the noise...the more u run, the louder it is...like haveing no mufflers at all...the less, the quieter...have never been hasseled anywhere i run...i love them...they are getting hard to find (old style)...easy bolt in & can be removed in seconds...just my .02 cents

FastRat

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If running a hybird basset baffle/supertrapp muffler now, 20 discs per side. If does quiet it down, but really corks up the 540. looking for something a little more free flowing, yet more mellow.

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
If running a hybird basset baffle/supertrapp muffler now, 20 discs per side. If does quiet it down, but really corks up the 540. looking for something a little more free flowing, yet more mellow.

Keep me posted in case you find a really nice free flowing muffler. My 467 deal doesn't like back pressure at all.

Thanks,
Loren

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loren...seems to be my never ending quest... lol Have you ran the TR plate you made yet? lost track of it when the other site went down.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Depending on what size collector you run- IMCO makes a slip in butterfly muffler. They may even make you a one-off.

part #M69
http://imcomarine.com/pages/exhuast.html
Check the PM-714 or PM 7135 I have a set of the 714's that I use to run in the OT headers. They do a good job of removing the "bark" but didn't hurt performance.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check the PM-714 or PM 7135 I have a set of the 714's that I use to run in the OT headers. They do a good job of removing the "bark" but didn't hurt performance.

Sleeper CP :D
Have a set of them, but no where close to what I currently have. Most places I go I'm ok. But on the Mississsippi river I need to comply to 86 db. or get a coupon. Locally here I try to be stealthy as I can,the high rollers are taking over the river, no buildable lots, so they buy three,,and doze them and build a big one :(

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
backburnered as usual.....

Loren...seems to be my never ending quest... lol Have you ran the TR plate you made yet? lost track of it when the other site went down.
No I haven't run the tunnel ram set up yet (or the boat for that matter).:( Seems like between work and my kids I've been chasing my tail. Anyway my engines freshened up and reassembled, my floor and stringer damage is repaired, wiring harness rebuilt/repaired and I'm currently spotting in the paint so I can put the engine back in it. I'll have it running this year but it may not be in time for any races where I can post ET's though.

How's your deal coming along? Your floor was looking real good but that was the last updates I saw on your boat, any new pics? Did that carb work out well for your buddy after you got it tuned to his engine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts