Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the ot header has a small pin hole leak.First question is what kinda weld do i have someone do,and second,VHT has this paint called "flame proof",says its up to 2000 degree?.The headers are ceramic coated and bought new 3years ago.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
got a pic steve? i wouldn't worry about 1 lil pinhole if it were me, think how big the weep holes are already in them;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning tom,the pin hole is between the collector and the four tubes,and when i run a little water thru,it discolors the headers.and its a bitch to get the stain out.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
quit running water thru em:)bulb :D:D:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
have had good success with the high heat paint, follow instructions, have had good life and color retention out of it for a quick cheap fix.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Tom,guess its the salt in texomas water.running them dry is no biggy.
its not like you'll ever be checked on texoma lake for noise anyways:D i'd run em dry from now on, use your baffles when you need too. i've never liked wet headers, changes the tone of the motor too much for me to hear it right:)sphss

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a pair of baffles that have a solid plate in the middle,and slots on the sides. When i did run water they discolored the headers.Drilled out 4 holes in the plate,about 1/2".Havent run them since.And being were we stay,only seen the ranger once,and that was at the resturant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts