Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about my headers on my daytona 19'. My headers are about 1/2" from one side of the hull. When I bought the boat i got the headers with it and the boat had a blown motor in it. Is there a difference between a blown set of headers vs. NA headers? I dont believe that i have an extra skinny boat either. I have seen plenty of pictures of Daytonas that can run twisties even and the straight headers like these have PLENTY of room. Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I headertions about my headers on my daytona 19'. My headers are about 1/2" from one side of the hull. When I bought the boat i got the headers with it and the boat had a blown motor in it. Is there a difference between a blown set of headers vs. NA headers? I dont believe that i have an extra skinny boat either. I have seen plenty of pictures of Daytonas that can run twisties even and the straight headers like these have PLENTY of room. Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction.
I think its just the style of header my bassetts don't even come close.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If those are Basset blower headers they will have 2 1/2" primary tubes with a 4 1/2" collector. They do take up more width in the boat.

I am looking for a good set of those if you decide to change them.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I see you have a back seat and your motor looks like it's close to the transom, if the motor can go forward you will have more clearance there. :yes:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's true but the motor is in basically the standard position if you want to call it that. The pump has been moved back and there is a standard drive line. The difference between where the motor sits to where it could go would only give me an inch or two total. This is what im looking for

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
The Twist headers fit well (with clearance) on my current Tunnel project but the standard style nearly touched the upper edges of the gunnel even with the reliefs molded into this hull

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have a set of twisties that they would be willing to sell or trade? I need to find a set of headers that will fit in the daytona. Let me know what you guys have. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts