Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember hearing some mention to run octane booster at altitude. Is this correct? If so how much? Is it best to run 91? I'm running a 6.2L in a Ultra 247XS. Fill me in.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Run what Merc says as the injection will adjust. I think it is 87. Maybe someone that has run at Tahoe might contrubute.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The lake isn't that big to run WOT for a long period of time. Hell we never go over 30 as cops and jet ski's are all over. I'm sure your motor will adjust and run just fine. maybe go down a prop size if you have it. You also know there is a SIZE limit on boats. I don't know what it is sorry

I'm leaving tonight.. We(Father-in-laws) have a boat slipped at the marina. 24' chapperell cabin cruiser. Blue and white. We'll be hanging by China island / damn..

BTW. If you dont have the lake sticker make sure you get one. cops cruise around with binoculars and check the rear of your boat for the sticker

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, I didn't plan on running WOT at all, the speed limit is 35 anyways. I just wanted to be set up right. Max length is 26' so i'm just under. I already got a slip for the weekend and I figured the marina would have the stickers.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'd call the marina and ask if they have the stickers. Would suck it they didn't as they won't let you launch with out current stickers .

Have fun

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Go down two prop sizes and after a couple of starts on your engine it will adjust itself for the altitude.

·
special k
254 Posts
is it done yet

hey scott did you get the boat back from the shop.i wanna check it out
call me or come by the house and ill walk over:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet, I went out there yesterday to finish up some stereo stuff and install the new shifter. It's looking good, he said it will all be done tomorrow at about noon, I'll probably just end up picking it up on the way out of town. When I come home Sunday I'll come by if it's not too late.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts