Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the non-boating related question but have a question for the audience. For those that work for a company with between 50 - 100 people and have a group health policy what do you pay for an employee on an HMO vs PPO. Just the employee portion regardless if there is a spouse, children or both also covered?

Thanks.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
From an Employee perspective or as the Employer ?!?

Most Employers we deal with that we of course provide this coverage and service to are "all over the board" as far as what plans are offered, the plan design(s) and what contribution levels are going to be made.

I would say the majority of the companies we insure will pay a pretty hefty chunk of the "Employee Only" rate on the least expensive or HMO plan, and anything above that is that the expense of the employee.

Certainly we have many clients that are doing very well financially and/or are "Publicly Traded" and pay 100% of the HMO plan for the entire family and sometimes even on a PPO plan, but that is the exception and not the rule.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Health

Looking for actual cost regardless of employee paid or employer paid portion. i.e. we paid $285.22 on large group per employee on the HMO plan and 422.51 per employee on the PPO plan. We offer one HMO option and one PPO option. Our costs skyrocket everyyear and I was curious what everyone else is experiencing. We continue to raise deductibles or co-pays to try and keep the increase in the single digit range rather than the 20% +

G

·
Looking for actual cost regardless of employee paid or employer paid portion. i.e. we paid $285.22 on large group per employee on the HMO plan and 422.51 per employee on the PPO plan. We offer one HMO option and one PPO option. Our costs skyrocket everyyear and I was curious what everyone else is experiencing. We continue to raise deductibles or co-pays to try and keep the increase in the single digit range rather than the 20% +
Aetna tried to raise our premium another 15% this year while raising deductibles and decreasing the overall coverage. We pay 60/40 and the employee portion on our PPO program is $240 a month, which equates to a premium per employee of $600 a month. Our HMO program is about 20% less.

After 12 years and 150% premium increase with Aetna, we just signed up ith Blue Cross. Cost to the company is about 15% less than Aetna, but we now have a lifetime max, and less coverage across the board.

I know that at this rate, in 10 to 15 years, health insurance will only available to the wealthy, and because of this I am in favor or health care reform

IMO, In the United States, no one should die because they cannot afford health care, No one should be unable to change jobs because of a pre-existing condition, and no one should go broke because they get sick.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Let me ask this of the company owners.
If the social health care passes. The money you will be saving on insurance, will it be passed on to the employee. The employee will have to pay 15% of income to pay for the social health care for everybody.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Let me ask this of the company owners.
If the social health care passes. The money you will be saving on insurance, will it be passed on to the employee. The employee will have to pay 15% of income to pay for the social health care for everybody.
Any of this would just be speculation...

I don't think anyone will be saving any money, the employee or the employer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts