Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through the how to quiet my boat reminded me that I need to buy new ear muffs for my soon to be born daughter for the san diego races. Anyone interested, My 5 year old has these as well as my nephew and they work well. Of course, the pink ones now being available is nice. These are a must for the fuelers and the alcy boats. I don't want them to have any excuse later not to answer when I am yelling at them. These are great and my daughter wears them whenever in the pits or at the races.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/ear-muffs-for-children.html

Cy

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Those are cool, I have a set for my son but there too big for him. Are you going to order a few set? If so I'll take a blue pair:)devil

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
What DB are those rated to? Those are basically the same ones we have at work here. (Airport)

oh and CY I got the samples thanks.

·
Cross Member
104 Posts
Thanks for being responsible. It is frustrating seeing some parents subject their little ones to noises like that which could easily cause permanent hearing damage. Kudos and props to you. :))THumbsUp (My gosh that is one weak emoticon for a thumbs up)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for being responsible. It is frustrating seeing some parents subject their little ones to noises like that which could easily cause permanent hearing damage. Kudos and props to you. :))THumbsUp (My gosh that is one weak emoticon for a thumbs up)
Thanks. I figure they will have plenty of time to screw up many things in their lifetime including their hearing like I have. I am big on life jacketson children as well. Even on the sand bar mine have to wear their life vests which I believe is the law. I have seen a 15 YO kid floundering in the water very close to drewning as his family was running down the beach yelling to people that he can't swim. The look on that kids face when he finally got to shore was a mixture of extreme fear, relief, and exaustion.

Parents need to look out for their own and not leave them to be everuone elses problem. It does not take a village to raise a child. Parents need to be parents, spank their kids when necessary, and teach manners and most inportantly respect and work ethic so the village does not have to raise the child.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those are a noise reduction rating of 22 db (get it NRR 22's)

A step above nothing but still garbage. I want to see 28+ More is better, less is not.

Then again my step-daughter is deaf in one ear (birth defect) and I tell her to turn her good ear away from loud noises if she bugs me about the muffs.

FYI, you can combine the foam insertables withy muffs and get another 6 to 8 db over the muffs alone if the kidlets are old enough not to pull out and chew on the foams.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sounds like they work.
No... too many loud handgun rounds and too many loud header pipes, too many banging hammers and impact wrenches and way too many loud twangy rock n roll guitar rifts ! Should have learned a long time ago but sadly just like Nitro smells good , so are we attracted to certain loud noises . Take it from Veteran guys hearing loss "creeps up" on you, (wifes tired of me saying "huh what did he say?" :D ) Wear your hearing protection!! Tom

Cy give me a call when you got time , need JBP decals ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts