Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
415 M3
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont really know where to ask this question on the forums but im sure you guys can help. My pops has a 22' Howard sport open bow w/502bbc and bravo drive. The right side exhaust manifold (imco cast deals) started to get really hot at low speeds. Temp guage reads normal. Exhaust manifold was replaced with an extra he had and the same problem exists on the right side. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Pull apart the t-stat assembly and check the outlets, it sounds to me like you may at one time have lost an impeller and there is either a piece of impeller in the ports or there is some other form of debris.

I really don't think there is a fuel ratio problem, the manifolds normally run too cold to be able to get a temp difference read.

Pull each hose going to the manifold loose while its running on a hose (not on the water) and see what kind if any flow there is.

Hope this helps.

GT :)hand

·
415 M3
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pull apart the t-stat assembly and check the outlets, it sounds to me like you may at one time have lost an impeller and there is either a piece of impeller in the ports or there is some other form of debris.

I really don't think there is a fuel ratio problem, the manifolds normally run too cold to be able to get a temp difference read.

Pull each hose going to the manifold loose while its running on a hose (not on the water) and see what kind if any flow there is.

Hope this helps.

This could be it. The old man boats on Havasu and has taken a couple of impellers out in the sand. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

Hope this helps.

x2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts