Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking, that in itself is scary, that i'd like to try out a helmet cam and get some of the Go Kart racing this monday evening i have a camcorder and wanted to find out where to get a removable helmet cam setup for the camera i have now or can i get a bullet cam and plug it into my camcorder i have a Sony DCR-HC28 if that helps. This will be my first venture into this stuff so any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I got to thinking, that in itself is scary, that i'd like to try out a helmet cam and get some of the Go Kart racing this monday evening i have a camcorder and wanted to find out where to get a removable helmet cam setup for the camera i have now or can i get a bullet cam and plug it into my camcorder i have a Sony DCR-HC28 if that helps. This will be my first venture into this stuff so any help would be appreciated
I thought they decided on Wednesday?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought they decided on Wednesday?
OOOPPS your right Dan, i guess i'd be there doing my own endurance race, see you all weds looking forward to seeing everyone . Just have to see how good my fat ass is now, long time ago i was good, but like they say the olde i get the better i was .......

·
Registered
765 Posts
I might have to retire my "Tony Hawk Helmet cam" and pick up one of those babies!:)

Nice vid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gotta love Tool!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got mine last night and went for a nice canyon carve this morning as soon as i can figger out how to put music to the vid i'll post it, my only complaint is the cammers tended to bounce a little and it gets annoying when im watching the vid, otherwise it's a pretty cool delio Thanks for suggesting it...

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
Got mine last night and went for a nice canyon carve this morning as soon as i can figger out how to put music to the vid i'll post it, my only complaint is the cammers tended to bounce a little and it gets annoying when im watching the vid, otherwise it's a pretty cool delio Thanks for suggesting it...
I never tried the helmet mount that it came with. I made a mount for my Rhino. Only problem is when the motor is at a certain RPM the vibration of it make the camera get wavy. But other than that it works good. I went to Costco and picked up a 2 pack of 2gig SD cards. Best price I could find was there.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the helmet mounting is just that large rubber band i'm going to see if putting some tape over the camera housing and see if it will reduce the vibration, i'm sure it won't be bouncing around too much while karting but on the bike with the wind it tends to wiggle a lil bit and it got annoying watching the tape, plus i am still trying to dial in the view, it was waaaay to low the first time it tried it and the second time was much better but still too low for my taste... trial and error.... ahh the joys of toys...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts