Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avoid buying the helmet restraint device that Lifeline sells and have them sew the d rings directly on to your jacket and get the straps from them. It is a safer deal in my opinion as it cant slide up your torso in a crash.
I am not questioning what Tony has said, but want to know what you guys think and have any of you guys went this route? I have often wondered about the band that wraps around the torso, and being that I dont have Titties or breasteses to help or interfere here, im considering having LL sew the d rings on the jacket and go this route.
Any input?
One more thing...Has anyone tried to get a hold of Lifeline in the past week or so? been calling like hell, I guess they hunker down for the holidays too?
Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
416 Posts
On the same note are there any APBA approved neck restraints? For exapmple Hans, Decel, R-3 etc. I know some are FIA approved without 5 point harness' which would make them ideal for boat racing but Im not sure if the APBA approves.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I am not questioning what Tony has said, but want to know what you guys think and have any of you guys went this route? I have often wondered about the band that wraps around the torso, and being that I dont have Titties or breasteses to help or interfere here, im considering having LL sew the d rings on the jacket and go this route.
Any input?
One more thing...Has anyone tried to get a hold of Lifeline in the past week or so? been calling like hell, I guess they hunker down for the holidays too?
Thanks
Todd
todd, the old helmet restraint chest strap was only held together with velcro. the newer helmet restraint has a strap and d-ring that can be tightened up. i haven't seen the jacket d-rings you're talking about, but for me, i'm happy with the restraint. i have all the straps tightened up so they are tight with the chest strap basically under my arm pits.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Todd-i have a spare set of restraints (lifeline) at the shop. lemme know if you want to use them. I think I still have an extra pair of medium ballistic shorts as well, unless I loaned em out and didnt get em back.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on Finne, You just shut down boff of my threads! like quick! thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
The biggest problem with the restraints is a lot and I mean alot of the guys are adjusting them properly. They are left way too loose. All the guys you see in the staging lanes with their helmets sitting on top of their head with the life jacket on are not adjusted properly. When your helmet and restraint are on you should have almost no movement of your head up and down or side to side.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
todd i have a pair of them also that i probbaly wont ever use again.Even have the d rings i took off my helmet so if you need them let me know.You can also use the ballistic shorts i have they are the skinny size.Would loan you my chute jacket but its out of date by 2 years its a skinny size too.I did have to get an extender the last time around though.:D

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
The biggest problem with the restraints is a lot and I mean alot of the guys are adjusting them properly. They are left way too loose. All the guys you see in the staging lanes with their helmets sitting on top of their head with the life jacket on are not adjusted properly. When your helmet and restraint are on you should have almost no movement of your head up and down or side to side.
What he said.

I didnt like the d rings attached to the jacket personally. Todd, I think you will be just fine with the deal finnegan has. Dont sweat any of this stuff, we will dial you in on everything and that goes for anyone that is thinking about racing for their first time, we can get you loaner gear or whatever you need. Just let us know.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have had my restraints sewn into my jacket since 2002 and i like it,one less thing to have to put on. My jacket fits snug so it shouldnt ride up on me. Once the restraints are attached to my helmet i cant move my head much.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
What he said.

I didnt like the d rings attached to the jacket personally. Todd, I think you will be just fine with the deal finnegan has. Dont sweat any of this stuff, we will dial you in on everything and that goes for anyone that is thinking about racing for their first time, we can get you loaner gear or whatever you need. Just let us know.
if you know anyone who will need to borrow ballistic shorts let me know i plan on being at all the races anyways.size 34s i think.

Figure its another pair if nothing else is availible would do the jacket too but i aint paying for a cert right now.

Todd you can have the restraints and D rings just let me know.they aint going nowhere just PM me leaving for glamis tomorrow so wont be back til mon.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Couldn't agree more (except I'm assuming improperly?)!!!! With them adjust correctly, you shouldn't be able to get the helmet off your noggin without undoing everything..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts