Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I'm done car shoping.. been a fricken LOOONNNGGGG time now:mad:.

Anyone live or work near Hawthorne ?? A ford dealership has a car I'd like looked at.

It's a used Mercedes.. E500

About the Dealer

Call: 888-487-2602
South Bay Ford Lincoln Mercury
888-487-2602

5100 W Rosecrans Ave Hawthorne CA (Map)

Please help me out. I tired of looking and my wife is killing me. I'll buy you beers or ??? because at this point I'm SPENT

Thanks Rick
Vegas

· Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Hey Rick,

I work in El Segundo and that Ford dealership is not too far away. I'm actually leaving for Havasu tonight but would be glad to take a look at it for you on Monday when I get back.

Shoot me a PM over the weekend if you still want me to.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was hoping someone could look at it soon.. Wife was going to fly down in the am..

We're heading to Big Bear for the weekend so she would just drive it up from there.

It needs a un-bias inspection and test drive. Looks clean and car fax is great.

It really important as she been killing me for a long time now. Hell people in Mesa looked at one for her and the dealership won't budge on a over priced car. I still owe tyrone a favor:D

· Registered
6,017 Posts
Thanks. I was hoping someone could look at it soon.. Wife was going to fly down in the am..

We're heading to Big Bear for the weekend so she would just drive it up from there.

It needs a un-bias inspection and test drive. Looks clean and car fax is great.

It really important as she been killing me for a long time now. Hell people in Mesa looked at one for her and the dealership won't budge on a over priced car. I still owe tyrone a favor:D

PM Djunkie...He lives in Lomita..:D

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I hear you...

My dealership here in town is going to set us up with the best. Since they are going to do the work i want them to have first shot. plus easy care. premire essential and a few others ... I want a list of the items they DONT COVER...

· No Longer Recovering
873 Posts
Hey Rick,

I work in El Segundo and that Ford dealership is not too far away. I'm actually leaving for Havasu tonight but would be glad to take a look at it for you on Monday when I get back.

Shoot me a PM over the weekend if you still want me to.
Same problem here... im like a mile away but leaving for Havi...

I know the service manager over there... tell him you’re a friend of the Tyminski's (Brian or Tony) and have him check it out for you... I assume he'll give you the low-down without too much bias if you're really in a bind.

Call the service dept. and ask for:
Mike "Vanderzee" (phonetically)

· Registered
66 Posts
I have dealt with them several times I would try to find somewhere else that has what you are looking for. Just my opinion.
Friend knows the owner "Gary Primo" and they would give me no deal. Actually tried to charge me $5k more than what his fleet manager quoted me. I ended up buying same truck for less through sister dealership and they went and got it from them. Went there for service and they suck. What price are they asking as I went there to buy a truck that was advertised for a great price. They did not even have the truck and tried to sell me another truck double the price. I will be at a job in the morning 5 minutes from there and will do you a favor if you have called and confirmed it is on there lot and they are not bullshitting on the price. Nick 310-350-1357

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Why all the stress when buying a car? It sucks. The shady dealers are a big part of the problem, not the cars.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friend knows the owner "Gary Primo" and they would give me no deal. Actually tried to charge me $5k more than what his fleet manager quoted me. I ended up buying same truck for less through sister dealership and they went and got it from them. Went there for service and they suck. What price are they asking as I went there to buy a truck that was advertised for a great price. They did not even have the truck and tried to sell me another truck double the price. I will be at a job in the morning 5 minutes from there and will do you a favor if you have called and confirmed it is on there lot and they are not bullshitting on the price. Nick 310-350-1357
Thanks for the offer. everything so far is straight up. Fleet manager/used car manager and 454rocket's buddy Mike got with the wife and all looks good.
I'll call you if that OK if my wife has any problem.

Thanks for the insite.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like we struck a deal.. One of the members here had a friend who worked there. he drove it for me and check it out. They're aligning the front end because they put new tires on it. No body damage and a calif car.
they came down a little and the wife is flying out this morning to check it out and drive it to big bear if all goes well. Got a warrenty all set up and another friend works out here in vegas at the mercedes dealership. I think I'm set..

There was no playing of any games by them or us. I had a buddy send me the last manheim auction selling list so I knew what they went for. Of course i pasted it in a email to them :D .

Transaction so far was straight up. Have e mail on the price and car will be ready to go.

454rocket !!!! your the man !!!!! Mike was great !!!!!! :D

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED OUT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.