Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
There are several ways, you can google it, but here is the idea, i havent ever had very good luck so i just boil it, grilling it seems to always make it dry..

Grilled Corn on the Cob
One Way To BBQ Corn On The Cob
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Serves 8.
Cooking Conversion Table
Ingredients:
8 Medium ears corn, husked and de-silked with ends trimmed
8 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
Heavy-duty aluminum foil Instructions:
Combine butter, salt and pepper and mix well
Center each ear of corn on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil
Generously coat each ear of corn with the butter mixture
Fold in ends of aluminum foil and roll up ears of corn in the foil
Place corn on the grill for 10 - 12 minutes with cover closed but periodically turn the corn Some people (more and more) do not like using aluminum or aluminum foil when they cook food. There may be the possibility of contaminants attaching themselves to our food. I understand this and so I give you another way to BBQ corn on the cob.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Another Way To Cook Corn On The Cob Using Your BBQ
Preparation time: 35 minutes. Serves 8.
Cooking Conversion Table
Ingredients:

8 Medium ears corn, husked and de-silked with ends trimmed
8 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
Kitchen string or twine Instructions:
Pull back the husks on the corn but do not remove
Remove the silk from the corn and cut off the very end
Soak the corn in cold water for about 30 minutes
Remove the corn and pat dry
Brush each corn on the cob with a generous amount of butter
Fold the husks back down and around the corn and twist the ends or tie the ends closed (I use kitchen twine)
Place the corn on the grill directly over the heat, turning the heat down to medium or medium-low
Cook the corn for about 8 minutes but turn each cob frequently so as not to burn When done, the corn should be spotted with a little brown but not totally charred (a little is fine)
This particular method (using the husks) is attractive and appreciated by many restaurant guests as they observe the cooks at the BBQ during the summer months on the patio.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
First leave it in the husk. Soak it in water for about 10 minutes. Put those suckers on the grill in the husk. Turn them every few minutes. After about 10-12 minutes test one to see if they are done, this will depend on how hot your fire is. You will find that it is much easier to take the husk and fuzzy stuff off. Cover with butter salt and pepper, enjoy. I've done it this way for years. Some people will soak the corn in beer, thats your choice.
I like to use 2 oven mits to handle when taking off the husk.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,091 Posts
How do I bar b que corn onna cob? It's still in the husk.:confused:
Rio
Just cut the small end to the top, trim the big end, soak in the husk for a min of 30 min, 1 hr is better. The husk soaks up the water and won't burn and steams the corn as it cooks. As you are grilling other food keep them on the grill turning occassionally. Cook for approx 15-20 minutes :)

I have put Cayanee (sp) pepper in the water from time to time. Be careful with it though.

Sleeper CP :D

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
First, take the husk off you moron, then put it on the damn grill.

Sheesh..

Here I thought you were smart.

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did some last weekend. I didn't soak them but left them in the husks. I grilled in indirect heat for 10-15 minutes. Turned out to be the best CoC to date. I bet soaking would help them steam some though, may try that next.

Roger

·
Registered
86 Posts
Soak the corn, husk and all, for a little bit.

Put them on the BBQ and grill. When the husk starts to blacken, turn them. When its evenly dark they are done.

Simple as simple gets. not sure what all the talk above is all about but thats how I do it.

Forensic

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I remove a little of the outter husk. then open it carefully and get the fuzz otta there. Close husk back up as good as ya can and slap her on the barby.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I husk it, soak it. Then wrap in foil with butter Kosher salt and pepper. :)devil

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Soak the corn, husk and all, for a little bit.

Put them on the BBQ and grill. When the husk starts to blacken, turn them. When its evenly dark they are done.

Simple as simple gets. not sure what all the talk above is all about but thats how I do it.

Forensic

BINGO. Same same here. It works great and simple as can be.

Darrell.

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
I bought the Costco coc.Wrapped it in foil an bbqd it.The husk coc is mucho better.:)
Indeed! In addition to getting that charco-flavor, the husk provides an added flavor boost you wouldn't otherwise get if you stripped it bare! Kinda along the lines of tamales...

·
Extraordinarily good
215 Posts
Obviously, there are lots of ways to do it. All are good and work well.

The biggest thing about cooking corn on the cob is to NOT overcook it. Sweet corn on the cob is damn near ready to eat without any cooking. Done right, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to properly cook corn on the cob. When buying them, peel back some of the husk and press on the kernels with the tip of your thumb........................they should just give under pressure.

Mushy, overcooked corn......................sucks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Eff the husk. Smother it in mayo, garlic salt and chili powder then wrap it in tin foil. Best g-damned corn on the cob ever.... :)devil :)devil

·
Extraordinarily good
215 Posts
Eff the husk. Smother it in mayo, garlic salt and chili powder then wrap it in tin foil. Best g-damned corn on the cob ever.... :)devil :)devil
LOL, spoken with conviction:p

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
While it looks cool and impressive, I too prefer old fashioned boiling.

With either method (soaking corn before grilling or boiling), add about a light teaspoon of sugar to the water.

Grilled corn is like a stadium hot dog. You can try - but it never tastes as good as it does at the fair; or even with the cart guy in the hood.

·
2 miles from the water
443 Posts
the simple way...

take the shit out of the bag, throw it on the Q and turn it every onced in a while...take it off when it look hot, add butter and salt and eat

the end.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
I soak it in the husk in salted (1/4 cup per gallon H20) ice water for 2 hours.

Wrap in foil and grill for about 45 minutes on the top rack of my gas grill, turning every 10 minutes or so.

Comes out perfect every time.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, what responses. Thanks a bunch. Just sumptin I've never tried before.
WSHYOUWERESOMWHERELSE, you only thought I was smart cuz I could read the big words on your rap sheet. By-the way, I have another book with drawings for you.:D
Thanks again, I'm gonna try 1 of each of the recipes tomorrow and let ya know how they turned out.
Yum,
Rio
ps, Corey, will I get in trouble if I use Kosher salt cuz I'm not Jewish?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts