Stock 454 bottom end
Peanut port heads
Edelbrock Air Gap intake
Comp Cams Marine cam 0.564 lift
Its in 17.5 Cee Bee Avenger

·
Village Idiot
3,455 Posts
For applications that are for general fun and performance I prefer Vacuum as it is more forgiving being that it is not as sensitive to tuning. If you are looking for every last HP then a double pumper might be the way to go, but they can be more finicky with throttle response.

Paul

With what you have I would probably use a Holley 3310 as it is a 750 Vacuum secondary setup. If you have an open engine compartment and you don't have to worry about LEO bugging you about "marine hardware" I would go with something like this.

Holley 0-3310C 750cfm Factory Refurbished Carb | eBay

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Tested and tested my 850 annular DP, it gave a little harder hit but zero top speed gain or RPM and used a LOT more fuel > bigger and DP ain't always better.

My Holly 715 vac secondary all around kicks ass. :))THumbsUp For my application I feel a 750 vs would be ideal.

468, 049 heads nicely worked, roller Lunati Cam, Weiand Stealth, Aggressor full-A impeller = 5400 rpm

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Like Hammerdown said, there is no reason a vac secondary can't deliever the same top speed as a similar sized DP. It may give up a little on a well tuned DP in acceleration. But it doesn't have to give up anything on top speed. It may need a secondary spring tuning to equal the DP on the top end, but thats about all.
With a dual plan manifold and a mild performance engine, its not going to accelerate all that hard anyway.

I would go with the vac seconday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts