Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Need some help here, when I first bought my boat it didnt have a lot of parts, slowly me and the wife and fixing what needed to be fixed the first time but wasn't(dumass org. owner) Ive been told there is a spacer or block that goes here that im missing. My guy said it will help with sime of my steering binding/resistance since the nuts dont allow for movement. I cannot for the life of me find a billit spacer or adapter that goes here" can you guys send me a link of what parts you know of or bought that will fix my issue, Thanks so much IMG_20110625_100122.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, What did Berkeley use in the first place? same kind of 2inch spacer? Wondering why cant I find it on berkeleys website

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thans soo much, Do I just measure the legenth of it now? I for sure want one, Ill measure it and let you know for your opinion

How long of a piece do you need? 1-1/4" maybe? I make my own out of stainless steel tubing....I can cut you a piece and send it off for the few dollars of shipping.
Here's a pic of what mine looks like-

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
It's best to take it all apart, hold the steering cable up so it's coming out straight and then measure the distance from the bottom of the steering to the top of the steering arm. In looking at the picture you posted, it looks like the steering cable can go up a bit so it's not touching the bottom of the tube where it comes through the transom adapter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes its 1-1/4" long, Can you please make me one and how do I pay for the shipping?

How long of a piece do you need? 1-1/4" maybe? I make my own out of stainless steel tubing....I can cut you a piece and send it off for the few dollars of shipping.
Here's a pic of what mine looks like-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts