Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the hubby's birthday is coming up in the end of July and on top of that, Father's Day is next week. And as usual, I am at a loss of what to get him. Can any of you offer some ideas?? If you have anything really specific, PM me as I'm sure he will be reading this too :D!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help!!

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I'm an old guy that has gotten stuff over the years that just wasn't to my taste and accepted it to not hurt feelings. That being said my daughters figured out the best thing for me was to ask me or to give me gift cards where I could buy my own "right" thing.

Buying power tools, golf/sporting goods/fishing tackle/clothing is a personal thing and they figured it out so a gift card allows me to make the choice and puts a smile on my face. My wife though insists gift cards are "tacky" and impersonal, so I inevitably end up with something I'd not buy/use if given the choice.

Subtle hints help too. I got the entire Sopranos collection on DVD for my birthday this year and considered it one of the best gifts ever. If your husband likes some of these series, it makes a great gift. Same with music. My younger daughter has a great knack for getting me music sets I wouldn't normally buy but really like to have....:D

·
6,873 Posts
I vote for a Cute younger Girlfriend
I mean i am just saying if you really love him , its the gift that keeps giving

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote for a Cute younger Girlfriend
I mean i am just saying if you really love him , its the gift that keeps giving
Hey Kilrtoy...you callin' me old??? I'm only 32... sheesh!
...and a big fat no on the younger girlfriend :)sphss I am all he needs :p:D

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm with Tex.
Unless he's incapable of changing a tire, a man always wants tools. It's my favorite gift for any occasion. I have a very big family and they all understand my love for tools so they just keep coming in and I keep smiling! We now have 6 full roll-away boxes full so I guess it's time for more boxes - then more tools of course.

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
I wish, can't go till the following weekend, seems like forever since I've been. This will be my third week straight not going....

We should be out next weekend as well....:)

Oh, and how about a handheld GPS...to get things in this thread back on track....

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
and yet not one you has given the correct answer yet:)sphss

There is only one gift for a man from his spouse
Steak and BJ day:)devil

1 - 20 of 36 Posts