Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a boat and the hull says schuster but can't read much else and title has tahiti as make.
Made some first boat mistakes and didn't wet test.. pulling the motor and jet to rebuild later this week.
Still think it wasn't a bad deal for 3k. Let me know what you all think and what kind of performance I should expect out of it.

Water Boat Sky Watercraft Daytime
Tire Wheel Boat Watercraft Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
864 Posts
Your boat is a 18 Torino, we built a ton of them at Tahiti which was still owned by Dick Schuster until 1971ish when he sold to Bell INC. He stayed on as President and even though it was no longer 'Built by Schuster' there were a lot of builds that left the shop with those ID tags. They were used until they were gone. Tahiti had the 16, 18 and 19 Torino's. All good sellers.
Water Boat Photograph Watercraft Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your boat is a 18 Torino, we built a ton of them at Tahiti which was still owned by Dick Schuster until 1971ish when he sold to Bell INC. He stayed on as President and even though it was no longer 'Built by Schuster' there were a lot of builds that left the shop with those ID tags. They were used until they were gone. Tahiti had the 16, 18 and 19 Torino's. All good sellers.
View attachment 1044438

1 - 4 of 4 Posts