Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Broke Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tax returns are almost here and im finally ready to reupholster the seats in the boat but I dont have a front engine cover. For safety reasons i think that i should make one. we all know how those "non-boaters" can be. Only problem is that i have no idea how to secure it down. Does anyone have any helpful info on building one and how to secure it? or possibly some pictures?

·
Registered
836 Posts
what is this cover you speak of?

took 3 seconds to make and it keeps peoples feet and ice chests out of the balancer. i have some 90* brackets that bolt through the stringer. the rest of the motor is fairly non-boater-friendly.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts

took 3 seconds to make and it keeps peoples feet and ice chests out of the balancer. i have some 90* brackets that bolt through the stringer. the rest of the motor is fairly non-boater-friendly.
Is that a cam driven water pump??...guess there is more way than 1 to skin a cat.
I would put up a pic of my ft. motor cover....but its just my back seat.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is that a cam driven water pump??...guess there is more way than 1 to skin a cat.
I would put up a pic of my ft. motor cover....but its just my back seat.
yeah... the wife lost her balance getting into the boat and decided to sit on my risers. while they were "cool" as far as exhaust goes, it still burned the crap out of her and so i use the pump to pump fresh cold water thru the exhaust/risers to keep them as cool as possible, rather than feeding off of the dump water after its warmed up to like 200* going through the motor, or tee'ing off the pump water to feed the exhaust and the motor at idle.

·
Broke Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thats pretty much what i was looking for. My seats are a little smaller than yours so i may need something a little bigger but that gives me something to start with. Appreciate the pic

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Two quick disconnect pins and unplug the speakers and its out...both the hatch and front cover.

·
Broke Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two quick disconnect pins and unplug the speakers and its out...both the hatch and front cover.
Thats awesome. I love the ease of use with that. only problem is that i have OT headers. Will probably go TT at some point then ill be building something like that.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Here's mine. It is notched and slides over the stringers. I also have a bulkhead behind it to keep it from being pushed into the motor.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts