Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a gen 4 for a jet boat. Reportedly the Block is a 4 bolt 454 30 over with 14.5 wiseco pistons. The heads are chevy aluminum bowtie 14044861 epoxy ported in the bottom and using copper head gaskets. The intake was a dart tunnel ram also epoxy filled to match the heads unfortunately it was stollen. Plans are to change the pistons to 8 or 9 to one compression and add a 671 blower with Holley hp750 boost referenced carbs. The heads are my first concern. How do i address the raised intake port on the heads, are there manifolds that fit the raised port design or thicker gaskets. Are the intake bolt holes also raised in the head. So any insight on my heads would be
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal Screw

appreciated.
Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Some guy
3,641 Posts
I can't tell from your photo, looks like a standard port with epoxy further inside the head. Lay an intake gasket on there and check. They would not have moved bolt holes. Obviously it needs to get re-balanced with the new heads, 8 to 8.5-1 would be a good goal compression wise. Probably need to look at a cam change. Now days MLS gaskets have basically taken the place of using copper, but if you already have o-rings and receiver grooves, might as well go with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to order some intake gaskets, do you have a preferred intake gasket for a aluminum head? Will also need intake manifold bolts. Are stainless bolts a no no with an aluminum heads? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts