Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
1981 miller, now i got my motor and pump out but now the hard part, how do i get the intake out...........:confused:
Hmmmmm..... there is not a real easy way. First remove all the nuts from the hold down bolts. Take a torch and evenly heat up the intake around the flange to soften the epoxy and then take a floor jack and put pressure on the intake from the bottom of the boat and the intake should slowly break free and lift up.

Gear

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
1981 miller, now i got my motor and pump out but now the hard part, how do i get the intake out...........:confused:
Untie the boat from the trailer. remove all the intake bolts and fasteners completly, carefully use a floor jack and 4x4 block to apply some upward pressure to the bottom of intake using the weight of the boat to your advantage kneel in from of the intake and "ask" it to come out :confused: a little carefull prying (not in the corners) a large rubber mallet here and there , should pop loose good luck call if you need help Tom

EDIT Damn Gearhead you type faster than me :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
You guys take all the fun out it. I used an air chisel and an angle flat blade 1 inch wide. I split the epoxy and it came right out in about 20 minutes then I used the xsame tool to clean the intake and hull. sanded and applied new resin to hull.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts