Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im have a NON charging problem. It's a one wire alt, ran a seperat ground to block and it wont excite. It tested good at auto zone.. Any help would be great, leaving in the morning for the river...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im have a NON charging problem. It's a one wire alt, ran a seperat ground to block and it wont excite. It tested good at auto zone.. Any help would be great, leaving in the morning for the river...
Most of the 1 wire Alts Wont Excite untill you get The RPM above 2000 rpm. Then they will keep charging even at an Idle.

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Make sure your grounds are all solid. Alt case to block (anodize, paint, powder coat are all insulators). Block to battery.

Run an ohm meter from the alt case to the neg bat terminal to make sure you have good ground. Should be zero or damn close to it.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did that, 0 on the ohm. I also have a two wire plug in the shape of a T, how can i manually excite the alternator? The 2 wire connectoer isnt mark with anything, would one of those excite it if i put power to it?

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Describe the circuit from alternator output terminal back to the battery positive terminal.

Have you verified that even with the key off, you have battery voltage available at the alternator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts