Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I need some help.

For some time I have been looking around at all the different manufacturers of tunnel hull boats. What I want to know is which brands are at the top in terms or quality, dependability, and resale value? Is the Daytona series by Eliminator the cream of the crop? What about Warlock & American Offshore? Those have been mentioned to me. What all brands are out there to search for?

I am gonna start looking to purchase one in the next year or 2. A 22' or a 25' is what will probably be in my price range and serve me well.

Your thoughts please.

One more thing. I have seen the Eliminators in both right and left hand drive. Is that determined my the year model of the boat?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Alright guys, I need some help.

For some time I have been looking around at all the different manufacturers of tunnel hull boats. What I want to know is which brands are at the top in terms or quality, dependability, and resale value? Is the Daytona series by Eliminator the cream of the crop? What about Warlock & American Offshore? Those have been mentioned to me. What all brands are out there to search for?

I am gonna start looking to purchase one in the next year or 2. A 22' or a 25' is what will probably be in my price range and serve me well.

Your thoughts please.

One more thing. I have seen the Eliminators in both right and left hand drive. Is that determined my the year model of the boat?
Those are some big questions. Eliminator makes some nice boats. I have owned two, 22 and 25. Both good prefer the 25 as long as you have enough power. Warlock and A/O make nice stuff too. Ride in anything you consider purchasing. All handle different. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Those are some big questions. Eliminator makes some nice boats. I have owned two, 22 and 25. Both good prefer the 25 as long as you have enough power. Warlock and A/O make nice stuff too. Ride in anything you consider purchasing. All handle different. Good luck.
Eliminator and Warlock excellent boats but I prefer the American offshore Myself I think it handles the best it is a copy of the original Chris cat but alot lighter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would 2 eliminator daytonas of the same year model and length have the steering wheels on opposite sides?

·
WFL Crew
3,874 Posts
Why would 2 eliminator daytonas of the same year model and length have the steering wheels on opposite sides?
pup...i know where there is a NICE eliminator edge 234 tunnel...priced right...pm me and i'll give you the number if interested...its a pzzy wagon that will fly for sure!!!Its got a 454 rated @365 hp...will run high 60s full of people and gas... :)hand

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
I currently own Cougar 23MTR which in my opinion is one of the best hull designs around.Everythg out is pretty dam nice these days. Good Luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
If your visible profile had your location, some of us could offer rides if you are in our area. In a 25 you need at least a 500 HP motor to even make it pack air and run somewhat efficiently. A 22 needs 400+ for the same minimal performance. Like any other boat, if you under power it, you won't like it. I've had two 18 1/2s, two 21s, a 24 and currently have a 22 and 25. Where are you? Wanna ride? TIMINATOR

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heck yeah I wanna ride! The problem is that there are not many of these types of boats in my area. I'm gonna lean on you guys for some guidance.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Heck yeah I wanna ride! The problem is that there are not many of these types of boats in my area. I'm gonna lean on you guys for some guidance.
Them boats are all over KY lake Pup

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you want some space under the deck, you need a cat with a center pod. most of the west coast tunnels have this; most of the east coast don't. this is a generalization only. center pod cat get on plane faster, but are slower in top speed. again, a generalization.

if u post specific questions, we might be better able to advise you. eliminator and dcb have been at the top for a long time, but are struggling a bit to keep up with lastest medium size single engine cat offerings. i have owned a baker 20, eliminator 22 daytona and still have a 26 dcb. the dcb has been the best partly because it is bigger and smoother riding.

my top picks of today's offering would include: RPM 26 Redline, Nordic 28 CS and Howard 28 Coupe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the info, keep it coming!

Dang those RPM's are nice! Never heard of them before now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Think about where you boat and the water conditions. I believe that smaller is better if the conditions allow it. Better seat of the pants feel. I have a 224 Stoker and I love it. I had a 20' stoker and miss it. Once the 22' goes faster than the little outboard I will feel all better.
Tommy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Eliminator Boats

I have a Eliminator 25' 1000hp Quad Rotor motor and it runs awesome, DCB and skater makes a awesome boat also, this is my second Eliminator and can't beat the ride. test all boats and then make your choice.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Think about where you boat and the water conditions. I believe that smaller is better if the conditions allow it. Better seat of the pants feel. I have a 224 Stoker and I love it. I had a 20' stoker and miss it. Once the 22' goes faster than the little outboard I will feel all better.
Tommy
I have to agree ....the stokers are top notch...great build quality (built by Eliminator) awesome styling, fast, they handle great (they will turn on a dime and give you change back) and they hold there value if you ever decide to sell

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
on top of what everyone else is saying what is your price range??? i too believe eliminator ,dcb, rpm ,are great choices but if your on a budget they can be tough purchases . TUNNEL T

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What about the ultra shadow boats? Got a buddy looking at 1.

My only comment is that the interior looks a little sparse.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts