Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the 990 style heads with non adjustable rocker studs. I want to run a Lunati # 00026 flat tappet hyd cam. What all do I need to buy to change this. I believe I'll need the 4514-16 Comp 3/8 to 7/16 studs, Procomp 2320 roller tip rockers (non self aligning) as I have guides, and a Lunati Bracket Master Cam kit , part number 00026CLT. Am I missing anything? Any help is deeply appreciated. TIA
jangles

·
Registered
473 Posts
Maybe some push rods, different valve covers, gaskets, oil change with some zink additive (Comp 159). Have somebody check out the springs. No more than 120lbs on the seat and 300-320 over the nose.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Please don't use Pro Comp Rockers on a Marine build. You are asking for catastrophic issues.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Please don't use Pro Comp ANYTHING on a Marine build. You are asking for catastrophic issues.

There, I fixed it for you!;):D

·
Registered
435 Posts
I use the scorpion roller rockers and no issues so far. anybody have any comments + or - on them? M
I have a early set of them that broke most of the trunnions i sent them back to scorpion and they told me they were not there's, I bought them from a speed whse new and in the box. I was the jobber for them. rockers look new other then that.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought what I think I need. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I have a early set of them that broke most of the trunnions i sent them back to scorpion and they told me they were not there's, I bought them from a speed whse new and in the box. I was the jobber for them. rockers look new other then that.
WOW sure would like to see a pic of those! I must imagine you are running alot of spring pressure or have other issues? Not insulting just REALLY curious as to why? Mine are working fine after 2 years, but I run modest pressure and check for coil bind and rocker to stud clearance on assembly. M

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
WOW sure would like to see a pic of those! I must imagine you are running alot of spring pressure or have other issues? Not insulting just REALLY curious as to why? Mine are working fine after 2 years, but I run modest pressure and check for coil bind and rocker to stud clearance on assembly. M
A couple of things caught my eye on this post. You say EARLY set, like as in 10-12 years ag? Because I would love to know how Scorpion could deny making them unless they were pretty old. Scorpion rockers are not hard to identify. Little kids can do it. Even before the Scorpion laser etching, they had a unique look to them. Be pretty hard to deny making them for sure. Unless of course, they weren't Scorpions
If they were that early, I think they may have changed a little, and I would have no problem running them today. I know alot of people running them, and none have had problems.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts