Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boatrepair.jpg

Hey Guys went to Parker for the Memorial holiday, Didn't get much run time due to my boat taking on too much water, Looks like when the original owner stripped the boat for paint he didn't use all the proper gaskets etc to stop it form leaking so he used heavy amounts of silicone, long story short my engine bays fills with water in less then 10 minutes of driving. Do you guys have any ideas of the parts or parts numbers ill need to fix this? The Top cable in the pic is my diverter,it is just drilled and ran thru the transom, then siliconed. What parts are out there that make this whole thing water tight?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Check out Red Marine, they have all that stuff. Id bet you have a more serious leak going on though, as none of that stuff is below the waterline at speed. Id check the epoxy on the pump intake, all the water lines, and the packing seals also.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
are you sure that is where the water is coming in? While driving, all those points will be out of the water.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
A little silicon will go a long way to bandaid it untill you get the right seals

For sure fix the steering "bubba" job

Duane at HI-Tech Performance sells a steering joint that will work great on that and he can get you all the seals you need too.

Hi-Tech Performance : Home Page

Give him a call he is always happy to help 417-858-8616

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you sure that is where the water is coming in? While driving, all those points will be out of the water.

No that was more for reference for parts since the org. owner didn't buy nothing but silicone, most of the leaking is coming where the pump bolts to the boat itself and underneath, he has tons of silicone down there on every bolt too, which makes me think he never put a gasket between the boat and pump.

Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt there be a billet spacer that goes in between the diverter connection, he used 3 nuts as you can see, but theirs bindage in there, what is the correct part?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While your boat is out of the water put the drain plug in and fill the back end up with water then look outside.

Ive done that and it only comes out the drain plug hole, Never seen any water come from the intake grate

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out Red Marine, they have all that stuff. Id bet you have a more serious leak going on though, as none of that stuff is below the waterline at speed. Id check the epoxy on the pump intake, all the water lines, and the packing seals also.

What are the packing seals?

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Some berks have a slight drip right behind the thrust bearing and yours might be allowing more.....might be time for a rebuild. If you put the plug in and it still leaks out the plug hole while in....get a new plug.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some berks have a slight drip right behind the thrust bearing and yours might be allowing more.....might be time for a rebuild. If you put the plug in and it still leaks out the plug hole while in....get a new plug.

Got a new plug and Ive seen the slight drip, It doesn't come out much there other then a drip like mentioned

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If there is silicone where the intake bolts to the hull, the intake needs to be re set. The packing is what keeps water from getting into the boat where the pump shaft enters the suction housing. Two bolts adjust the packing gland, one on either side of the pump, just behind the thrust bearing cap.

Edit- slight drip is good- packing ok. Sounds like some sea goin putty is what you need.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Check The The Packing Seals Probably Loose. Mine Would Fill The Bilge When I Got On It.

Just Tighten Them A Little At A Time Next Time Your On The Water Until It Stops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts