Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see how good you guys are out there. Could you tell me what used to be bolted on the back of this boat just by the size and shape of the hole and the amount of bolts??? i just picked this up with no motor and no outdrive for 200 bucks. I'm assuming its probably a jet drive of some sort. I'm new to boats. the front motor mounts are hydraulic and can raise up about 3 or 4 inches. what is that used for trim of some sort? any help would be very much appreciated. THANKS!!

Attachments

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Old OMC

·
Registered
432 Posts
lets see how good you guys are out there. Could you tell me what used to be bolted on the back of this boat just by the size and shape of the hole and the amount of bolts??? i just picked this up with no motor and no outdrive for 200 bucks. I'm assuming its probably a jet drive of some sort. I'm new to boats. the front motor mounts are hydraulic and can raise up about 3 or 4 inches. what is that used for trim of some sort? any help would be very much appreciated. THANKS!!
omc stringer drive

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
omc stringer drive
+2
the outdrive is bolted to the motor and there is a big rubber boot that goes around it and then goes to the transom. Trim is done by lifting the front of the motor. The only transom shield (beside a OMC stringer drive) that will cover the hole is a Volvo 290 and even then you may need to fill in some areas. It all depends on how well the original hole was cut.

I did the swap to a 1970 Monza I just finished.
[video]http://supernova19.com/Hosting%20stuff/Monza%20Project%20II.wmv[/video]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+2
the outdrive is bolted to the motor and there is a big rubber boot that goes around it and then goes to the transom. Trim is done by lifting the front of the motor. The only transom shield (beside a OMC stringer drive) that will cover the hole is a Volvo 290 and even then you may need to fill in some areas. It all depends on how well the original hole was cut.

I did the swap to a 1970 Monza I just finished.
[video]http://supernova19.com/Hosting%20stuff/Monza%20Project%20II.wmv[/video]
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First question is.... Are OMC stinger drives any good?? hard to come by?? will it bolt up to a big block chev? and where can i get one? what is verdict on them are they good or crap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts