Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a GREAT attorney who might be able to help us with a damage claim against a VERY BAD and crooked moving company???? My wife and I got totaly ripped off by " ENERGIZER MOVING & STORAGE out of Las Vegas!! they were a sub through BUDGET MOVERS, who also is a peice of shit company. We were GARENTTED everything would fit on the truck and ,well, I had to rent another truck to finish the move and when their truck showed up, 80% of our belongings were damaged. They trashed damn near everything!!. All of our stuff is pretty exspensive and was hand picked to go with each other in sets!!! marble tables and solid dark cherry furniture and top of the line steam washer and dryer, jewelry box, the list goes on and on, my wife was in TEARS as they unloaded and unwrapped all her stuff. The guys that delivered the stuff where not the same as who loaded or I would be in PRISON right now!!!!!!!!!!:mad::|err:|err

Its like our hands are tied and we do not know what to do. I have never sued anyone before. We have a contract and they say too bad we agreed to the deal. But we did not agree to all this haert ache and damage nor did they fulfill the contract by not taking everything!!!. We are beside ourselves and could use a little guideance. Any help or advise would be GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!:D Darin & Nicole

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Does anyone know a GREAT attorney who might be able to help us with a damage claim against a VERY BAD and crooked moving company???? My wife and I got totaly ripped off by " ENERGIZER MOVING & STORAGE out of Las Vegas!! they were a sub through BUDGET MOVERS, who also is a peice of shit company. We were GARENTTED everything would fit on the truck and ,well, I had to rent another truck to finish the move and when their truck showed up, 80% of our belongings were damaged. They trashed damn near everything!!. All of our stuff is pretty exspensive and was hand picked to go with each other in sets!!! marble tables and solid dark cherry furniture and top of the line steam washer and dryer, jewelry box, the list goes on and on, my wife was in TEARS as they unloaded and unwrapped all her stuff. The guys that delivered the stuff where not the same as who loaded or I would be in PRISON right now!!!!!!!!!!:mad::|err:|err

Its like our hands are tied and we do not know what to do. I have never sued anyone before. We have a contract and they say too bad we agreed to the deal. But we did not agree to all this haert ache and damage nor did they fulfill the contract by not taking everything!!!. We are beside ourselves and could use a little guideance. Any help or advise would be GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!:D Darin & Nicole

Make sure you get pictures and notes of everything damaged including the boxes they were moved in. We've had our company move us a few times. There were a couple times were things were damaged. You have time to go back on the moving company.
Have you gone back to Budget Movers? They should have a claims department that handles that. Did you guys do the packing or did they???

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure you get pictures and notes of everything damaged including the boxes they were moved in. We've had our company move us a few times. There were a couple times were things were damaged. You have time to go back on the moving company.
Have you gone back to Budget Movers? They should have a claims department that handles that. Did you guys do the packing or did they???
...........................they packed and wrapped all the furniture, we have pics and filed a claim, but they will only give us 1700 lbs of pay at .60 cents a pound, that is NOT enough, they damaged THOUSANDS of pounds of stuff!!! way beyond just a few careless objects, it was total neglect, or they took the truck down a dirt road for 500 miles!!!!! Budget has said its not their prob., its the subs fault. The claim return is $1,025 doll.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darin,

Thats a bummer.

Scan and PM me the contract....

Mike
Thanks Mike!!! the contract is really hard to read. I will just send you what I have and you can just read it when you get time and tell me what you think!!! I will send it with a return envelope inside , thanks a million Darin:)hand

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
...........................they packed and wrapped all the furniture, we have pics and filed a claim, but they will only give us 1700 lbs of pay at .60 cents a pound, that is NOT enough, they damaged THOUSANDS of pounds of stuff!!! way beyond just a few careless objects, it was total neglect, or they took the truck down a dirt road for 500 miles!!!!! Budget has said its not their prob., its the subs fault. The claim return is $1,025 doll.
Since they subbed it out and your contract was with them, they're still responsible. They can then then go after the sub's insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts